Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Wrestlemania 31 thread, tonight at 12am on Sky Box Office and WWE Network ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I trust it was fun.

Why was it on a sports channel though?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm quite surprised by how effusive some of the reviews have been.

I didn't think it was a terrible show, but none of the matches were stand out great.

Tag title four way
Was a typical tag title four way. Cesaro and Kidd getting the titles was a popular move.

The battle royal
Was a typical battle royal, the Dallas spot was ruined by the commentators, again the fan favourite was passed over in favour of someone the crowd don't care about.

IC Title
Popular choice won, a sick bump, typical match.

Rollins/Orton
I'm not a big fan of orton or his style, and so I thought this was just a typical decent ppv match, with a great spot to end it

Sting/H
I was surprised by the effort put in by sting, but it was shaping up to be a decent match considering the age of them both, then it got a little extra bump from the DX/NWO interference. I was disappointed how much emphasis they brought back to the wwe v wcw thing, and much like the invasion angle, it was a complete ego jerk from McMahon. Then the end was just ridiculous and made no sense: the build focused on WCW being losers with Sting as their hero, he lost again - proving HHH's point. Sure it might have come after Sweet Chin Music and a sledgehammer shot, but it was a loss nonetheless and the decisive blow was anticlimactic. But that handshake just made it so much worse. Helmsley is the evil authority figure Sting came to take down for his abuse of power. He beats Sting using all the shortcuts he can find - DX, the sledge-hammer - and rather than tearing him apart after the bell, Sting shakes his hand? So he suddenly respects evil authority figures?! Then, an hour or so later, HHH shows there is no respect as he appears looking fresh as a daisy and runs him down yet again.

Women's tag
Eh. AJ seemed to be quite destroyed by very little, to keep her out of the ring, which took me out of the match.

US Title
I don't mind Cena beating Rusev (on the proviso it leads to an elevation of either rusev in a rematch, or someone else who gets the US Title off of him), but it seemed too easy to beat him after such a streak. I didn't really like the patriotism part of their build though.

Rock
It was nice to see him, but and he did brighten things up, but the segment seemed to drag a lot, and Steph got way too much on Rock.

Taker/wyatt
I thought they made wyatt look as strong as they could without letting him win, it seems like there wasn't really a good way to go. If taker wins it is a knock to wyatt, if take loses the story is him being finished rather than wyatt beating him. Not one of Taker's best mania matches, but not one of his worst.

WWE Title
I loved to see Reigns being manhandled by Brock, but the constant kicking out, after three F5s and all the suplexes felt like they were trying too hard to convince us he was tough, and then when he made the come back I was concerned he would get the win.
Maybe my tv was too quiet, but it didn't sound like the crowd exploded the way they have for previous MitB cash ins.

It seems odd. I'm seeing lots of people talking about how great the ending was because Lesnar can chase Rollins because he didn't get pinned, and Reigns will want revenge, and Orton beat Rollins so has a claim.

Yet, those are exactly the sort of things people criticise all the time, the idea of the champion losing his belt without being beaten, the guy who has just lost suddenly being crowned Champion, etc.

Overall the show just seemed like middle of the road to me.

DavePage

It’s like watching the bottom 4 in the NHL making like they are trying but really want the first draft pick.
Bring back Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus in World of Sport Heaven, they would never fake it, I know my Nan told me, if it was a big money fix it would have been in colour surely?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I've never cared at all about pro wrestling but during a police investigation I once met John Cena and Randy Orton who had come in as witnesses. I see that they both remain at the top of the wrestling world.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's behind you!

I know! We've been practising for three weeks!
Given how genuinely pleasant a person I know you to be BoF, it mystifies me why you feel the constant need to take the piss out of this subject every time it comes up.

Of course its not for everyone, but surely better to just leave the thread alone rather than mocking it every single time?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Given how genuinely pleasant a person I know you to be BoF, it mystifies me why you feel the constant need to take the piss out of this subject every time it comes up.

Of course its not for everyone, but surely better to just leave the thread alone rather than mocking it every single time?

Sorry! I saw it as a recurring opportunity to make a poor and tired joke. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here