Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Wrestlemania 31 thread, tonight at 12am on Sky Box Office and WWE Network ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eh. I thought the end of Orton/Rollins was good, but the match itself was just decent. The Hunter/Sting match was shaping up to be decent, then the interference elevated it a bit, but it was brought down by the emphasis they put back on wwe v wcw (something that they had eased up on) and the handshake just felt unearned.

The women tried hard, but the fans didn't seem into it.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Eh. I thought the end of Orton/Rollins was good, but the match itself was just decent. The Hunter/Sting match was shaping up to be decent, then the interference elevated it a bit, but it was brought down by the emphasis they put back on wwe v wcw (something that they had eased up on) and the handshake just felt unearned.

The women tried hard, but the fans didn't seem into it.

They put it right after the song, the moment that i decided to go for a piss break, WWE really like ****ing up the women's division.

Is it me or does undertaker look like his american bad ass version

The haircut is certainly similar to what he sported during the last few years of the American Badass gimmick!

Also, great segment with Rock, Ronda Rousey, Steph and HHH. Hopefully not the last time we see Rousey in the Squared Circle!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Love that sign in the crowd as Reigns walked in: "If Reigns wins we remain apathetic"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If i had paid for sky box office I would have been more disappointed, but for 9.99, it was ok.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The tag match was a great little cluster ****, everyone flying everywhere, I had no idea who was legal and what was happening and it was an entertaining match.

The BR was just an average BR, no major spots, no shock eliminations, disappointing winner but it's for a bloody trophy, so nobody minds Big Show being allowed to actually win a BR kind of tourney for once.

Ladder match was brilliant, Ambrose went through that ladder though.... Looked really bloody risky but fair play to him, the headbutts were amazing too haha

Rollins Orton was qualla, the ending was ridiculous, that RKO has to rival the one on Evan Bourne.

Sting H was a pile of turd. The whole match just made me sad, seeing all these old ppl try and not break themselves, only plus was Hall being able to make it down to the ring and H winning. Also did everyone see that massive **** off bruise on Trips leg? Ouch.

The divas was just the divas, nothing special because we've seen some gr8 matches between them lately, they didn't get alot of time tbh.

Cena Rusev was crap, the only memorable thing was that stunner shit that was amazing. It just disappointed me given the incredible match they had on Raw not too long ago, if it had been that brilliant with the same ending as tonight it would have been great, just felt lack lustre, wonder where Rusev goes from here, can only imagine it'll be a comedy foreign gimmick and he'll be Kozlov'd by SS, which is a shame because he's actually been great and I'll miss him, it took Bray at least 6 months to gain any semblance of the aura he had prior to his dicking by Cena at mania, not sure if Rusevs character has that pathway.

Taker Bray was fine, Taker being all staggering and weakened and still beating Bray was quite funny. I wonder what they're gonna do when Taker finally does retire, given the only real spiritual successor to him gets battered in every big match he gets an opportunity in. Unless Bray uses it to spur him on after "looking into the eyes of darkness" or something. To me it was a bizarre match anyway, if Taker lost it would have took away the awe of last years 21-1 and if Bray lost it just makes Bray look a bit derpy.

Reigns/Lesnar was really good, my lord they worked stiff, Lesnar got rekt, love a bit of blood even when I know the consequences aren't good. Ended in the best possible way it could have and I marked when Rollins cashed, not sure how we're gonna see Lesnar leave the title picture though or if he will or who he'll challenge or anything really, they've built the guy up so so much it's crazy to think of him losing.

What next for everyone then?

The IC title continues to be feuded for by all the qualla chaps? Maybe a KOTR type tourny to decide Bryans challenger with Shamoo included?

Cena finishes Rusevs off at the next PPV and then goes on to feud with Big Show or something in the Main Event?

I just dunno, they have tons of pathways now, some shite some qualla, let's hope they keep it up because that was a 9/10 mania.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think we'll see a new Champion, but I don't think it's going to be Roman Reigns.
:whistle:

Really enjoyable show overall for me - best actual match for me was either Rollins/Orton, the ME or the Ladder Match, and I enjoyed 'Taker vs. Bray because I've been an Undertaker fan since I started watching about 20 years ago. Ladder match was good as well for the cluster**** bits.

As for where they go now, could be Rollins vs Brock (rematch clause), Rollins vs Orton (as Orton beat Rollins last night), Rollins vs Reigns (Rollins stole Reigns chance), Brock vs Reigns (unfinished business) or any combination of the above.

Raw should be fun tonight, as the post-Mania Raw usually is - I'm hoping for a setup to Sting vs Taker at WM32.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
:whistle:

Really enjoyable show overall for me - best actual match for me was either Rollins/Orton, the ME or the Ladder Match, and I enjoyed 'Taker vs. Bray because I've been an Undertaker fan since I started watching about 20 years ago. Ladder match was good as well for the cluster**** bits.

As for where they go now, could be Rollins vs Brock (rematch clause), Rollins vs Orton (as Orton beat Rollins last night), Rollins vs Reigns (Rollins stole Reigns chance), Brock vs Reigns (unfinished business) or any combination of the above.

Raw should be fun tonight, as the post-Mania Raw usually is - I'm hoping for a setup to Sting vs Taker at WM32.

I would be very surprised to see Undertaker v Sting at WM32, Father Time has caught up with them and if it was going to happen then Sting would have got the win last night and then Undertaker could have fought for and got the win for WWE at WM32 against Sting.

HHH/Steph v Rock/Ronda at WM32 for sure

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would be very surprised to see Undertaker v Sting at WM32, Father Time has caught up with them and if it was going to happen then Sting would have got the win last night and then Undertaker could have fought for and got the win for WWE at WM32 against Sting.

HHH/Steph v Rock/Ronda at WM32 for sure
I just think that Undertaker vs Sting, in basically Taker's backyard, and with one if not both of them going into the HoF the night before, would be the perfect way to say goodbye to the Deadman.

It wouldn't be much as a match, but it would certainly be a WrestleMania moment for the ages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here