Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the missing 19 billion?

Its gone into building underground bunkers for the elite. Pole shift is coming, also an astroid is due to hit the earth on the 23rd september this year.

Gosh you are right - there is a lot on t'interweb about it, some almost rational, so it must be true.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Clearly you don't have a clue what you're talking about, but feel like you need to bash the Tories.

However, in respect of the 'tiger economy' then you're about 10-13 years late. The 'Celtic Tiger' crashed because its government stupidly told its population to invest in property when they joined the Euro to take advantage of the cheap credit. As per usual, when the Government is involved in the economy, it goes to shit. The Irish housing bubble burst because of deflationary bias within the EU meant price stability was more important than rescuing an economy because of the assumption that risk would be spread across Europe adequately and proportionately.

So, the 'tiger' economy burst because of excessive borrowing.

Now, the Government lending to another country is a very sensible move, buying treasury bonds are the safest investment an individual/group can make as payments are virtually guaranteed. Of course, if you knew what you were on about, you'd have known that.

but not if the electorate turn against them
they give away money that we could use then and now, while some even some who are working have to go to foodbanks, that might be good economics for some but the others can go ****themselves

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I work between Blackpool & Brighton. £1billion went on remodeling Blackpool seafront in 2013. Next billion went to remodel Blackpool seafront as it all went wrong. £1 billion is being spent on Edward St bus lane and £1 billion has been set aside for Brighton seafront. Oh, and £1 billion on the i360.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Its gone into building underground bunkers for the elite. Pole shift is coming, also an astroid is due to hit the earth on the 23rd september this year.

see, there is obviously far more money being wasted by the mega wealthy than even the OP dreamed.
Digging out an underground bunker to park their Lotus Elite is obscene, especially as it has pole shift means it's not even as if it's an automatic...
I have to be quite honest though and admit that I was unaware that a new model, The Lotus Asteroid was launching in September. What exhibition is it taking place at?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
but not if the electorate turn against them
they give away money that we could use then and now, while some even some who are working have to go to foodbanks, that might be good economics for some but the others can go ****themselves
Clearly, Glasfryn, we need a technocracy so we can have the expert such as yourself in the treasury.

Countries need a source of income. The loans are that, they're protection for future payments. You can harp all you want hoping people will buy into the 'foodbanks are bad' rhetoric you keep spouting. People know they're bad, but if we spend all the money now where will it come from in the future. It's like a pension.....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Clearly, Glasfryn, we need a technocracy so we can have the expert such as yourself in the treasury.

Countries need a source of income. The loans are that, they're protection for future payments. You can harp all you want hoping people will buy into the 'foodbanks are bad' rhetoric you keep spouting. People know they're bad, but if we spend all the money now where will it come from in the future. It's like a pension.....

taxes might be an idea less unemployment but strangely less tax coming in

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I work between Blackpool & Brighton. £1billion went on remodeling Blackpool seafront in 2013. Next billion went to remodel Blackpool seafront as it all went wrong. £1 billion is being spent on Edward St bus lane and £1 billion has been set aside for Brighton seafront. Oh, and £1 billion on the i360.

Really ? I think you may have your figures slightly wrong !

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
see, there is obviously far more money being wasted by the mega wealthy than even the OP dreamed.
Digging out an underground bunker to park their Lotus Elite is obscene, especially as it has pole shift means it's not even as if it's an automatic...
I have to be quite honest though and admit that I was unaware that a new model, The Lotus Asteroid was launching in September. What exhibition is it taking place at?

I do believe its somwhere in neverland.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have just googled it and according to The Trussell trust figures the second highest ammount of people using the foodbanks are low paid workers

Thanks. I did you the courtesy of looking at Trussel Trust and could not see any mention of figures -not saying you are being untruthful -so could you please direct me further. Thanks in anticipation.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I really do not know
maybe you used to live there
you will never find me drunk and I am certainly not stupid or a mind reader

I've been watching this thread as a disconnected observer and I'm terribly sorry to have to point out that you do appear to be stupid.

I'd plead drunkenness if I was you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks. I did you the courtesy of looking at Trussel Trust and could not see any mention of figures -not saying you are being untruthful -so could you please direct me further. Thanks in anticipation.

google with the words Trussell Trust low paid workers and it will give a few results mentioning percentages and figures

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I've been watching this thread as a disconnected observer and I'm terribly sorry to have to point out that you do appear to be stupid.

I'd plead drunkenness if I was you.

you must be disconnected
maybe I am missing something here , Westdene Seagull apparently lives in the arse end of Hangleton, I was just curious to know why this was.
what may I ask is so strange about that .............do you know?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
jeez, you can't even follow your own argument can you ... as many other have said, I'd give up if I were you .. but all credit to you, you've appeared peed all day and still going strong at 10.30 PM.

have a good lay down, you never know tommorow you may even make sense to yourself..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Try here, it was on the website, not too difficult to find.

http://www.trusselltrust.org/resources/documents/Press/TT-Foodbank-Information-Pack-2013-14.pdf

you must be disconnected
maybe I am missing something here , Westdene Seagull apparently lives in the arse end of Hangleton, I was just curious to know why this was.
what may I ask is so strange about that .............do you know?

I think part of the problem relates to the alleged £19b that never was. To clarify, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I've got the gist wrong. Ireland have bad credit rating and market x will only lend to them at a hypothetical rate of 20%. We, on the other hand have excellent credit rating, and can borrow from market x at a rate of 5%. So, we borrow £12b and immediately lend it to Ireland and charge a rate of 10%. We are therefore making a profit of £600m and Ireland are getting a much better deal. We run the risk of Ireland defaulting but in the real world we stand to lose a lot of trade with our close neighbour if they went the same way as Greece.
so do you advocate tax and spend, or spend and tax?

It might have helped if you described it as borrow and spend your way out of a recession or tighten the belts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here