Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the missing 19 billion?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Clearly you've been drinking already. So let's take the 7bn part - it was lent to a failing Irish economy because we export so much to them - it was to our benefit to lend them the money. Their economy hasn't been a tiger one for many years. We will get the money back.

As for the 12bn until you stop being a f*ckwit and actually explain what your view, argument, issue or point is, you can moan about the 'right wing' as much as you like but it's impossible to answer such a cryptic wanker like question.

you only had to say you don't know

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Its gone into building underground bunkers for the elite. Pole shift is coming, also an astroid is due to hit the earth on the 23rd september this year.

is probably the right answer

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so let me get this straight
we lend the European Bank 12 billion and as yet nobody has come up with the answer as to why or when we are going to get the money back
we also lent the Irish government 7/14 billion depending on where you read it, so they can continue to buy good from us, now I am no econimist but even I know you cannot give a mate money to buy your goods and come out of it with a profit .......are unless you use a bank for that money and make interest on it ................................but how the hell does that help me or the bloke who works 40/60 hours a week and he still has to use a food bank.
yep I think I was right about Gideon the first time lend to those who might do you a favour in the future or make money for your mates and at the same time ride roughshod over the working classes and anyone else who has a bit of misfortune by being ill or looking after someone who is ill (carers).
I suspect there is some bloke in tha pub in Dubin right now raising a class or two of the black stuff to our generous government after buying a round with our money
I cannot afford to drink
.......................but cheers david and gideon

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Alternatively, you could stop trying to make a pathetic cryptic political statement and define what your problem really is !

you if you like ..........especially if you are going to put your cross in the tory box

here theres always something I have wanted to know about you why do you call yourself westdene seagull when you say you live in the arse end of Hangleton?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
we lend the European Bank 12 billion and as yet nobody has come up with the answer as to why or when we are going to get the money back
we also lent the Irish government 7/14 billion depending on where you read it, so they can continue to buy good from us, now I am no econimist but even I know you cannot give a mate money to buy your goods and come out of it with a profit .......are unless you use a bank for that money and make interest on it ................................but how the hell does that help me or the bloke who works 40/60 hours a week and he still has to use a food bank.
yep I think I was right about Gideon the first time lend to those who might do you a favour in the future or make money for your mates and at the same time ride roughshod over the working classes and anyone else who has a bit of misfortune by being ill or looking after someone who is ill (carers).
I suspect there is some bloke in tha pub in Dubin right now raising a class or two of the black stuff to our generous government after buying a round with our money
I cannot afford to drink

As I understand it, to use a food bank you have to be referred -would a person working those hours be referred or indeed qualify, even if he/she is a relatively low earner?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I cannot afford to drink

what are your thoughts on foreign aid?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you seem to be wanting to make a political point against "Gideon and David", yet by your own admission you dont know anything about it. so why not seek the answers, then get on a high horse? do you think the loans to Ireland where "for their mates", that they personally benefitted from that in some way? or is was this one nation helping their closest relation? though i've no doubt we benefited too (exposure to bad loans in Ireland) it seems a manifestly alturistic gesture.

the EU loans where because of obligations under IMF membership. where it went is less important than where it came from, and like all other expenditure its from tax revenue or borrowing, so we increased the national debt to fund these loans, i would expect as any other loan they (Ireland/EU) will pay them back at some point in the future.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have just googled it and according to The Trussell trust figures the second highest ammount of people using the foodbanks are low paid workers

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what are your thoughts on foreign aid?

clear away the foodbanks
shore up the NHS
reinstate the council grants from government
and if there is anything left
it can go to commonwealth countries

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you seem to be wanting to make a political point against "Gideon and David", yet by your own admission you dont know anything about it. so why not seek the answers, then get on a high horse? do you think the loans to Ireland where "for their mates", that they personally benefitted from that in some way? or is was this one nation helping their closest relation? though i've no doubt we benefited too (exposure to bad loans in Ireland) it seems a manifestly alturistic gesture.

the EU loans where because of obligations under IMF membership. where it went is less important than where it came from, and like all other expenditure its from tax revenue or borrowing, so we increased the national debt to fund these loans, i would expect as any other loan they (Ireland/EU) will pay them back at some point in the future.

while we have people using foodbanks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
while we have people using foodbanks

if foodbanks is your issue, why not raise that directly with obscure reference to loans to Ireland and EU.

let look at what else we could save money on to "do somthing" about foodbanks, development aid budget or defense could all lose a few billion couldnt they? cancel the winter fuel payments or free TV licences? Help to buy could go, that must cost a bit. put taxes up a bit. assuming food bank usage is a simply economic issue of course and throwing a few hundred million will resolve it. which im sure it would, but how and where to target that money?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
if foodbanks is your issue, why not raise that directly with obscure reference to loans to Ireland and EU.

let look at what else we could save money on to "do somthing" about foodbanks, development aid budget or defense could all lose a few billion couldnt they? cancel the winter fuel payments or free TV licences? Help to buy could go, that must cost a bit. put taxes up a bit. assuming food bank usage is a simply economic issue of course and throwing a few hundred million will resolve it. which im sure it would, but how and where to target that money?

blimey I have just looked at the ammount of foodbanks elsewhere in europe they are everywhere
and also our government refused some funding for ours from europe ..............................nope its ok we are alright thanks

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
It's just a bunch of numbers for connected people to trade around. People who never in their lives have had to stop themselves buying something they really needed because it would mean they couldn't buy something else they needed more. When you've never had that problem it's all pretty meaningless - that's why they're so good at their jobs.

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
strange isn't it how we have a secret plan to take 12 billion from welfare and yet there is 19 BILLION missing gone to god knows where and nobody wants to answer the question

WHERE THE **** HAS IT GONE

Your having a mare Glas. Labour ruined this country and left a note saying the cupboard was bare. You want those clowns back in charge??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
you if you like ..........especially if you are going to put your cross in the tory box

here theres always something I have wanted to know about you why do you call yourself westdene seagull when you say you live in the arse end of Hangleton?
#

Oh dear, drunk and stupid !

No. my cross isn't going against the Tory candidate this time - it has in the past but it has also gone against other parties in the past as well.

I'm not sure it takes a rocket scientist to work out why I'm called Westdene Seagull but live in Hangleton .... go on, give your brain some exercise and have an 'intelligent' guess.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
#

Oh dear, drunk and stupid !

No. my cross isn't going against the Tory candidate this time - it has in the past but it has also gone against other parties in the past as well.

I'm not sure it takes a rocket scientist to work out why I'm called Westdene Seagull but live in Hangleton .... go on, give your brain some exercise and have an 'intelligent' guess.

I really do not know
maybe you used to live there
you will never find me drunk and I am certainly not stupid or a mind reader

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Your having a mare Glas. Labour ruined this country and left a note saying the cupboard was bare. You want those clowns back in charge??

must say it was me who first said that labour were watered down tories ..........but they are not quite as bad as this lot

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
so why loan it to the supposed"Tiger economy" when WE need it

Clearly you don't have a clue what you're talking about, but feel like you need to bash the Tories.

However, in respect of the 'tiger economy' then you're about 10-13 years late. The 'Celtic Tiger' crashed because its government stupidly told its population to invest in property when they joined the Euro to take advantage of the cheap credit. As per usual, when the Government is involved in the economy, it goes to shit. The Irish housing bubble burst because of deflationary bias within the EU meant price stability was more important than rescuing an economy because of the assumption that risk would be spread across Europe adequately and proportionately.

So, the 'tiger' economy burst because of excessive borrowing.

Now, the Government lending to another country is a very sensible move, buying treasury bonds are the safest investment an individual/group can make as payments are virtually guaranteed. Of course, if you knew what you were on about, you'd have known that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here