Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the missing 19 billion?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
12 billion to the European bank
7 billion to the Irish
where has it gone, or have we got it back yet????

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And I thought this was going to be another thread about the 1983 FA Cup money...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
surely there is someone especially one of the tories who can answer this question?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
surely there is someone especially one of the tories who can answer this question?

Maybe make the post slightly less cryptic ? I'm only guessing but are you talking about funds to the EU ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Maybe make the post slightly less cryptic ? I'm only guessing but are you talking about funds to the EU ?

whats cyptic about
12 billion to the European Bank and 7 billion to the Irish NOT as far as I know funds to the EU they were loans

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
strange isn't it how we have a secret plan to take 12 billion from welfare and yet there is 19 BILLION missing gone to god knows where and nobody wants to answer the question

WHERE THE **** HAS IT GONE

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
are all the right wing tories on here hiding or what

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
strange isn't it how we have a secret plan to take 12 billion from welfare and yet there is 19 BILLION missing gone to god knows where and nobody wants to answer the question

Well, 12 went to the EU Bank and 7 went to the Irish.

I don't know a thing about the 12, but the 7 we lent to the Irish, we borrowed ourselves. There is an interest rate difference in our favour though, the Irish did not have the AAA credit risk that UK has and so could not get money as cheaply as we could. It was a good deal for both countries, as long as Britain can maintain the AAA rating, and Ireland don't go bust.
As far as I know the Irish are paying the interest when due, not sure if they have repayed any of the capital yet, but as soon as they have access to a cheaper loan I am sure they will repay the lot.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

How is it missing if its a loan?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Hypothetically , will the EU use this as a "sword of Damocles" when Dave goes cap in hand to renegotiate membership ie go ahead with a Brexit but you'll have to wait a very long time before the loan is repaid in full ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

so why loan it to the supposed"Tiger economy" when WE need it
or is it going to squeeze your own people
and I have just looked on the Google and it was 14billion to the Irish some from banks that we the tax payers own, I will give it to the tories they are very good at giving our money away until it comes to your own

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Hypothetically , will the EU use this as a "sword of Damocles" when Dave goes cap in hand to renegotiate membership ie go ahead with a Brexit but you'll have to wait a very long time before the loan is repaid in full ?
what you mean "we are all in this together" dave.
lets all hope it is someone else going and lets also hope its someone who does not keep simpering and smilling at them all the time

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Its gone into building underground bunkers for the elite. Pole shift is coming, also an astroid is due to hit the earth on the 23rd september this year.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
and I have just looked on the Google and it was 14billion to the Irish some from banks that we the tax payers own, I will give it to the tories they are very good at giving our money away until it comes to your own

Clearly you've been drinking already. So let's take the 7bn part - it was lent to a failing Irish economy because we export so much to them - it was to our benefit to lend them the money. Their economy hasn't been a tiger one for many years. We will get the money back.

As for the 12bn until you stop being a f*ckwit and actually explain what your view, argument, issue or point is, you can moan about the 'right wing' as much as you like but it's impossible to answer such a cryptic wanker like question.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

But if it is a loan and the UK are making more in interest that it is paying (cos the UK borrowed the money in the first place), then it is a good deal surely? As the UK is and will continue to borrow colossal amounts of money under Tories or Labour, neither are actually giving away your own money - it is someone else's! :)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Well if i remember correctly, we loaned them the money to stop their banking system collapsing destroying their economy and having knock on effects on the UK economy, seeing as we're economically quite connected, but as has been ponted out we've effectively acted as a guarantor to the Irish are receiving a net gain so it's not money we've taken from our budget to give to the Irish.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has your cat just died?

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I'm still wondering where this money is we got from Ulloa, Bridcutt and Wonky eyed Will let alone this 19 Billion that's gone walkies.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
what you mean "we are all in this together" dave.
lets all hope it is someone else going and lets also hope its someone who does not keep simpering and smilling at them all the time

Someone who wont take off his "HELL YES" baseball cap because the EU underestimate him ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here