Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the Greens fix this before the end of their term? They seem to have enough money....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You are right. People don't know how local government works. And who is responsible for that? The people in local government, not the local electorate. So there's another area where they repeatedly fail.

The Greens claim credit for everything in Brighton and Hove that restricts cars, favours cycling and pedestrians, and is a new yet often divisive initiative such as the damnable Valley Gardens scheme. Yet they wriggle and squirm away from any responsibility or liability for consequences or unforeseen costs. They are surely the most duplicitous local party and Council I have ever known. The Greens claim responsibility for everything, so how are we the local punters to tell truth from lies.
Incidentally, anyone know what happened to the much heralded cyclist counter machine by Withdean Park which apparently cost £20k to install?

Excellent research sir. My natural inclination was to think the Greens introduced it, not that they scrapped it.
However, more interested to see the amount spent on a consultation for the Old Shoreham Road cycle lane which led to the Tory administration scrapping the idea.
Only for the Greens to presumably ignore the findings and bash on with it anyway to produce the White Elephant that exists today but is so rarely used.

So in 2 posts you make 6 direct and 1 implied criticisms against the Green party

Equally strange that you see criticism of the Greens where none exists, despite you requoting it my exact words! My comment is very specific in response to another quote and simply states that local government is surely responsible for effectively communicating how local government works.

I laid no blame specifically at the present administration, which naturally leads me to conclude you are proving my second point. Your response suggests you might be a Green, justifying poor communication by the Green administration by saying previous Tory and Labour administrations were no better. Wriggling and squirming!

And then you deny it. :lolol:

Wriggling and squirming doesn't begin to cover such schizoid posting!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You obviously don't quite understand what the thread is about! :dunce:
OR bothered to read my post about the decline of many areas of the city caused by Tory/ Labour neglect!!

I do understand the thread, but the use of 'alleged' is stretching the truth beyond breaking point. You only have to read the thread and others to understand that far more many people believe that the Greens have failed to deliver anything during their period of leading the council that has improved their lives. However we have a host of vanity projects which cause much division between Green supporters and the majority of the city voters. and a failure to quicker resolved issues which people find important.

I am not sure why a second exclamation mark is necessary as any louder shouting or stronger feelings is completely drowned out by the noise of everyone who has seen the folly of the Greens and are desperate for change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And what do the Greens intend doing about THIS rusting eyesore?! :rant:

wp.jpg

Answer: Probably as much as the so-called 'West Pier Trust' ever did :tosser:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I do understand the thread, but the use of 'alleged' is stretching the truth beyond breaking point. You only have to read the thread and others to understand that far more many people believe that the Greens have failed to deliver anything during their period of leading the council that has improved their lives. However we have a host of vanity projects which cause much division between Green supporters and the majority of the city voters. and a failure to quicker resolved issues which people find important.

I am not sure why a second exclamation mark is necessary as any louder shouting or stronger feelings is completely drowned out by the noise of everyone who has seen the folly of the Greens and are desperate for change.

The thread was about ONE alleged Green 'failure'and that was not fixing that section of seafront railings in the photograph! As for the other areas that you think they've failed - none of which you've listed for debate in this thread - I have listed a half-a-dozen areas of the city that have literally been left to rot by previous councils over many many years - because of these I think that Labour and the Tories have a HELLUVA lot more to answer for than the Greens have especially after being in power for so long in times of relative plenty! Wouldn't you agree?!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think that Labour and the Tories have a HELLUVA lot more to answer for than the Greens have especially after being in power for so long in times of relative plenty! Wouldn't you agree?!

NO.

When the Greens are gone which would appear to be at this years local elections given their falling support as people have become fed up with them, the cost of correcting the errors they have made or improving areas that they have neglected for their vanity projects will take longer and cost more than the problems that you believe are worse than the Greens have achieved.

In the sensible parts of Brighton and Hove which returned no Green Councilor almost everyone is fed up with having poor Green policies imposed on them, which do nothing to improve the area, despite the hard working efforts of the elected Councilors for the wards.

Hopefully the Greens wont stoop as low as they did last time in attempting to get a Councilor elected here, by promoting a story that their candidate had been post on a Gay dating site by his best mate. Everyone other than the Argus saw this for what it was a cheap and desperate publicity stunt in an attempt to get the candidates name at the forefront of voters mind just on polling day.

Still come may you can start your protests against the new (non-Green) Council.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Empty vessels make the loudest sound......

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
So it's not just our money thay are wasting - they're doing it across the whole of Europe!
Jees, looking forward to the local elections.

If you take your blinkers off you would realise that bus lanes and cycle lanes and traffic calming measures are being installed across both the UK and Europe by parties of all political hues including those installed in Brighton and Hove by previous regimes!!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
NO.

When the Greens are gone which would appear to be at this years local elections given their falling support as people have become fed up with them, the cost of correcting the errors they have made or improving areas that they have neglected for their vanity projects will take longer and cost more than the problems that you believe are worse than the Greens have achieved.

In the sensible parts of Brighton and Hove which returned no Green Councilor almost everyone is fed up with having poor Green policies imposed on them, which do nothing to improve the area, despite the hard working efforts of the elected Councilors for the wards.

Hopefully the Greens wont stoop as low as they did last time in attempting to get a Councilor elected here, by promoting a story that their candidate had been post on a Gay dating site by his best mate. Everyone other than the Argus saw this for what it was a cheap and desperate publicity stunt in an attempt to get the candidates name at the forefront of voters mind just on polling day.

Still come may you can start your protests against the new (non-Green) Council.
'Vanity projects' = long term strategic thinking to ensure a sustainable transport network in a city where the population has grown by 10% in the last decade and where the City Plan demands another 11,300 homes be built in the next 15 years or so!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If you take your blinkers off you would realise that bus lanes and cycle lanes and traffic calming measures are being installed across both the UK and Europe by parties of all political hues including those installed in Brighton and Hove by previous regimes!!

Correct but other cities have the foresight to ensure that such measures are well designed and do not create hazardous conditions. How many cities other than our local greens have placed large flower tubs in the road as a calming measure which is well used by emergency services

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
'Vanity projects' = long term strategic thinking to ensure a sustainable transport network in a city where the population has grown by 10% in the last decade and where the City Plan demands another 11,300 homes be built in the next 15 years or so!

To borrow a line from Monty Python's Life of Brian 'Good one Centurion'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here