Any pudding or fancy cake.

Pffft. Where's your sense of ambition??

17136acbd2f4389bd94a0e99689cecc0.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Cup of Tea, so much better from the van on the industrial estate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cup of Tea, so much better from the van on the industrial estate.

I've always had a thing about strong tea served in polystyrene. It reminds me of my childhood by the sea.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Oh no no. Houmous is SO easy to make and just DELICIOS when eaten freshly prepared.

I INISIST you try again.

You will have to explain how it is done. Hummus is so expensive that making your own is a cheaper option, but it takes insipid compared to freshly bought stuff.

PS: I don't really care for cooking at all, and washing up even less. Open a packet or bung everything in the slow cooker.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kudos to you: I could never get the rice sticky enough to stay together and the seaweed would keep breaking.

Really? Are you using sushi rice? Once cooked, and we just follow the packet instructions and rice/water ratios, it's the stickiest stuff known to man.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My wife worked with a lady, who refused to buy ANY prepared food. She made literally everything herself, except one thing - marmite. And she even TRIED to make that, but couldn't crack it.

Odd woman. She was also known to collect and cook road kill...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Chips.

im going to say coffee too, bit controversial but you seem to have to be a bit obsessive for it to be worthwhile making at home. Pizza is a bit the same, you can make a better one at home but for the difference, given the effort and cost of a fresh one at the supermarket, i dont see the point.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Homemade pizza is easy and so much better than the shop bought stuff
It's certainly easy to make a pizza that matches (or is slightly better) than a supermarket one, but really you need a proper oven.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's certainly easy to make a pizza that matches (or is slightly better) than a supermarket one, but really you need a proper oven.

I purchased a pizza stone which heats up in the oven. Very good.

Also I looked into frying pan pizzas. They work well.
http://pizzapilgrims.co.uk/frying-pan-pizza-recipe/

They are VERY nice....however, it's friday, I've had a bad week. I've decided already I'm treating myself to a dominoes.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Anyone managed to make one of these 'eggsplosion' burgers? You make a hole in the patty, crack the egg in whilst cooking and it should come out with a runny yolk in the centre. Tried so many times but I just cannot get it right.

egg-cheeseburger-seriouseats-590.jpg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
A good (Indian/Bangladeshi) curry is the only thing I've not managed to make myself, despite having been on a course. I did an OK biryani, but have not managed anything else half as delicious as the best take-aways. I can make a reasonable thai curry and most other things I enjoy making.

Having said that there is VERY little point in making pasta, except for ravioli.
I agree the only curry I can make better at home is a Thai curry.
After having Real Patisserie soda bread I'm having second thoughts on making bread at home.
Edit to add Patisserie cakes.

Oct 25, 2003
my curry making has been taken to a whole new level recently. I can now make a curry far better than most indian takeaways (nowhere near a really good restaurant though obviously) and it's not even that difficult

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here