Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
walton-l229-2359943_478x359.jpg

Christian Walton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
14:34 26th March 2015
by Roshane Thomas
I'm looking forward to returning to Plymouth on Sunday because I haven't been back since I left."
Christian Walton

Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper Christian Walton is relishing the prospect of playing on home soil with England under-20s on Sunday.
**The 19-year-old pulled off a string of fine saves in a 1-1 draw against Mexico on Wednesday as the Three Lions eventually won 4-2 on penalties - and Walton's fantastic performance culminated in the shot-stopper being named man of the match.
Aidy Boothroyd's men will now travel to Plymouth Argyle's Home Park ground to take on USA this weekend and the keeper is looking forward to returning to the place where his career began.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "It was a good performance [against Mexico], but we knew we should've done better in the first half. It's a new group, so it's one of those things. In the second half I thought we put in a shift, got in their faces and got the goal to take it into the penalties. It’s a good feeling to get the win heading into our next game.
"I'm buzzing to be named man of the match and I'm looking forward to returning to Plymouth on Sunday because I haven't been back since I left. Hopefully I'll get some time on the pitch, but if not then I'm sure the team will do well."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

It has been something of a breakthrough season for Walton after making his Albion first-team debut against Tottenham last October. The former Pilgrims trainee was delighted to have fulfilled his target, which has enabled him to gain more self-assurance.
"Working hard at club level is the most important thing for me," Walton added. "So it's good to get the call back from England and it's an honour to play every time. To put that shirt on is every kid’s dream.
"My target at the start of the season was to make my debut for Brighton and thankfully I achieved that. I got a few good games in and that has given me that bit of confidence to take forward playing for England."
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH*
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH*
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here