Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowds of 15kish next season! How will it affect you?

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
A shame we could not have bucked the trend,we have probably lost a larger percentage of teenagers that most other age bands.

But how do you know this - is it based on your earlier statement that your kids knew some 18/20 year olds who don't go anymore. Who says they haven't been replaced by other teenagers that your lot don't know.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
A shame we could not have bucked the trend,we have probably lost a larger percentage of teenagers that most other age bands.
Well apparently (post #59) we have bucked the trend. So I was wrong and you were very wrong - not allowing kids into Dicks hasn't 'driven away a generation of Albion fans'.

And I appreciate I'm throwing one of your old arguments back at you (afaik you haven't made this claim recently), but the reality is that unlike the view in your own head you don't have a good track record of 'being right'. And let's not get started on the Cup Final money eh? :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Affect of Brightons shrinking crowds,probably the most important issue of this period but i'm sure other non football related threads are more interesting:shrug:

The thread is stupid because at this stage we have absolutely no idea what next season's crowds will be. The number of season tickets sold as of today is largely irrelevant. If we bring in some decent players in the summer, start the season well, and challenge at the top of the table then the crowds will be good.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All I 'know' is that season ticket renewals are down 'a lot' (but no idea what that means) from a source at the club. With a good end to the season and a few good signings, I don't think actual crowds next season will be much lower, if at all. Lower % of STHs as more pick and choose their games for sure, and quite possibly MORE bums on seats than this season as I suspect the majority of those not renewing are those that often don't turn up anyway (I'm expecting the attendance and announced 'pretendance' to be somewhat closer as a result). Where I sit in WSL there are a lot of non STH seats, been interesting to see far more of these filled in the last few home games than earlier in the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Plenty of time for the club to put in place the conditions for crowd levels of 25K+ next season.

Around 6 decent summer signings would do it.

Plenty of time for the club to put in place the conditions for crowd levels of 25K+ next season.

The people not renewing probably would not even know if we signed 6 players! I think people on this board have misjudged the commitment of the newer fans,a hell of alot were on board for prem football,two playoffs kept them renewing.:moo:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The people not renewing probably would not even know if we signed 6 players! I think people on this board have misjudged the commitment of the newer fans,a hell of alot were on board for prem football,two playoffs kept them renewing.:moo:

I think that you don't give a lot of our fanbase enough credit.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Out of interest, do we think that figure includes signing someone to replace Rohan Ince?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Absolutely pointless thread. If you're going to post with completley bogus foundations, at least make it worth reading.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
two playoffs kept them renewing.:moo:

95% of ST holders this season renewed in March last year when prospects of the play offs were still possible but unlikely given that we had, up til then, spent most of the season outside of the top 6. Perhaps they renewed for many other reasons ...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of interest, do we think that figure includes signing someone to replace Rohan Ince?

I'd say 6 summer signings to replace the out-of-contracts and loan returnees, with further signings if needed for direct replacements for Ince, March, O'Grady etc if necessary.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Was down at the club this morning to move my seat within the ESU and from a quick sqiz at the screen, there didn't seem to be too many spaces left

ps Most grateful to the club for providing freebie coffee to the few of us that had been waiting (briefly) in the rain before being let into the shop!

Was down at the club this morning to move my seat within the ESU and from a quick sqiz at the screen, there didn't seem to be too many spaces left

ps Most grateful to the club for providing freebie coffee to the few of us that had been waiting (briefly) in the rain before being let into the shop!

Looks like a sell out! Panic over:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looks like a sell out! Panic over:facepalm:

Yes, the panic IS over. Hardly any spaces in WSU would suggest renewals are probably running at a decent rate. And it's far more interesting to read his anecdotal evidence that tickets are selling than yet another extremely dull post of yours proclaiming that interest in watching Albion is in the doldrums based on absolutely **** all evidence, when it clearly isn't.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes, the panic IS over. Hardly any spaces in WSU would suggest renewals are probably running at a decent rate. And it's far more interesting to read his anecdotal evidence that tickets are selling than yet another extremely dull post of yours proclaiming that interest in watching Albion is in the doldrums based on absolutely **** all evidence, when it clearly isn't.
Lack of spaces for STHs in ESU and WSU is excellent news. Hopefully the pessimists are wrong and we can look forward to continued c. 25,000 gates next year and more if we do well.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
If we have 21k season ticket holders this season, the OP saying he expects crowds of £15k which includes pay per game supporters, then he is expecting a fall of more than 33% in season ticket sales which if that happens would be quite frankly amazing. I would be surprised if the reduction in season ticket sales exceeded 3K.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Many could be renewing in the knowledge that if they don't have a ST and although they will still probably be able to sit in their preferred seat on a match by match basis this might not be the case the season after next if a percentage of 1901ers decide not to renew for another 5 years and then relocate to the wings taking over the non ST seats.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we have 21k season ticket holders this season, the OP saying he expects crowds of £15k which includes pay per game supporters, then he is expecting a fall of more than 33% in season ticket sales which if that happens would be quite frankly amazing. I would be surprised if the reduction in season ticket sales exceeded 3K.

Yes this fact is really very obvious to just about everyone except the simplest of simpletons. And I'm afraid the OP is very much one of those. It's either threads like this or threads where he bores us with shit pics of him wearing tight shorts and Bukta or Phoenix Brewery Albion tops from the early 80s, as if he was the only one on here who was around back then. It's only marginally less cringeworthy than if he was a full kit wànker.

I wish the mods would ban the tiresome bellend.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here