Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just found out I have a place in the Berlin marathon. Very excited about this.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I have just found out I have a place in the Berlin marathon. Very excited about this.

That is good news. We expect a full match report once you have completed it!

I'm all geared up for my first marathon, Brighton naturally, with training following the FIRST plan starting in January.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm all geared up for my first marathon, Brighton naturally, with training following the FIRST plan starting in January.

Good luck with your first.

excellent - I have ran all 8 brighton marathons & of course will be doing it next year - though I am getting slower!

Marathon 137 completed yesterday running 9 & a bit laps around a lake in outer Milton Keynes with 35 others (still they all count).

3 more marathons to run/race/amble around this year

Dear Marathon runners,

I hope you had a good Marathon year & that you reached your goals in 2017.
So what are your plans for 2018?
Which races are you planning?

For me, having ran my first marathon back in 1997, my fastest one in 2007 (#16), the goal was to run #100 in April 2017. Since then I am increasing the quantity, with 100 marathon races to run in 100 weeks. I finished 2017 on 140 marathons & ran 41 events during the year. My times these days tend to be between 3:50-4:30. 47 marathon races have been booked & paid for in 2018 & the goal is to complete the 100 in 100 weeks in April 2019 & my 250th marathon in spring of 2019. Thereafter, I plan to retire & then eat and drink too much!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Day One of my Brighton Marathon training - 12 miles easy completed despite being festively fat, slightly ill with a chest cold, and the wind being a bit... er... windy!

The aim is a sub 3:15 at Brighton to earn a good for age place at London in 2019.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hastings half marathon.

Anyone running in the Hastings Half Marathon this Sunday, March 24th.
If so, I'll be waving like a tw@t at you along the Queensway :D

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'd forgotten about this thread. I'm up to #19 now - the latest being Moyleman the other week around the hills of Lewes and surrounding towns!

Next for me is River Arun in May.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd forgotten about this thread. I'm up to #19 now - the latest being Moyleman the other week around the hills of Lewes and surrounding towns!

Next for me is River Arun in May.

We need a report from [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] on his amazing 100 marathons in 100 weeks....................he was lucky though, he turned up late for the last one :laugh::laugh:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If this is what running does to you, I'm going to stick with cycling.

There have been plenty of reports of course cutting and bib swapping at The London Marathon...

...Georgina finished third place in the Female 55-59 Age Group with a time of 3:14:06.

924362_289408369_Medium.jpg

This is clearly not Georgina. :lol:

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Course cutting is a big issue. There are multiple people who ran 2:something for the first half of the Brighton Marathon, and then ran just over an hour in the second half. Or, got to Grand Avenue and crossed the road. They're only cheating themselves so long as they don't impact the results - coming 3rd female when, clearly, you're male - that's not on. I have often run an event under someone else's name, but there's no harm done because I'm not of a pace to make too much of a difference. You'll always have the people who have the "I paid my money, I'll do what I want" attitude.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Any NSCers doing the New York Marathon this Sunday? I normally try and watch it as it's only a short distance from where I live. Last year I saw two runners with Brighton shirts

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here