Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'lll be seeing him when my rheumatoid arthritis flare decides to go. 10 weeks in now and no letting up. He'll need to get to work on my spine.ard neck area. I'lll tell him your time and ask if he can do the same for me.

Sorry to hear about your arthritis. It must suck. I'm sending some positive Tubthumper vibes to go with Jesus' magic touch.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So I'm up to 6 now, after Beachy Head yesterday. Next up for me is San Sebastian in November and then Portsmouth in December.

So how did your Marathon running fare in 2016 peeps?
And what are your 26.2m+ plans for 2017?

For me - I finished the year on 99 marathons, which was always the plan. The 100th is in Jerusalem in March. Stopping after? Nope! Three marathons booked in April & 14 so far in 2017. Eyes on a few more as well.
Quantity over quality this year for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing currently planned for 2017 but am probably going to do a low-key deliberately slow race later in the year (running my usual race pace batters me). I'm pondering my next big proper run though. I had pencilled in Tokyo for Feb 2018 but am tempted to have a crack at a sub 3 hour here in Berlin in September 2018 instead and do Tokyo in 2019.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Nothing currently planned for 2017 but am probably going to do a low-key deliberately slow race later in the year (running my usual race pace batters me). I'm pondering my next big proper run though. I had pencilled in Tokyo for Feb 2018 but am tempted to have a crack at a sub 3 hour here in Berlin in September 2018 instead and do Tokyo in 2019.

Very, very sensible.

Been a while since this thread was bumped, but I hope everyone's Marathon training is gong well.

I am delighted to report that my 100th Marathon is next Friday in Jerusalem.

After that. Am running three marathons in April alone, including Brighton & London. For Brighton I will be one of the Pacers 4:45. Am looking forward to take a marathon 'easier' & helping others to hit their target time.

Keep running!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not my best piece in the local rag.....................but payback for me sending in a pic of a clubmate dressed in a binbag a couple of years ago

17021816_10155789492554018_7870341642132016604_n.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been a while since this thread was bumped, but I hope everyone's Marathon training is gong well.

After that. Am running three marathons in April alone, including Brighton & London. For Brighton I will be one of the Pacers 4:45. Am looking forward to take a marathon 'easier' & helping others to hit their target time.

Keep running!

Probably around the time I'll be looking at so hopefully see you to help me through the last few :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Keep running!

Good luck next week. look forward to seeing the vest

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Keep running!

Good luck for no.100.

My marathon 'training' last week consisted solely of the Moyleman marathon around Lewes. Not for the faint-hearted – the hardest race I've ever run, in fact – but Harveys and pizza at the end made it worth it.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Limassol marathon for me on Sunday (no 5) shortly followed by Brighton on the 9th April. Hope the forecast in Cyprus is wrong and its not 23C (average this time of year is 14C). Eeeeeekkk. Fly out tomorrow, excitement and trepidation starting to kick in!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Limassol marathon for me on Sunday (no 5) shortly followed by Brighton on the 9th April. Hope the forecast in Cyprus is wrong and its not 23C (average this time of year is 14C). Eeeeeekkk. Fly out tomorrow, excitement and trepidation starting to kick in!

Good luck! (And enjoy it)

Bermondseygull

Jul 6, 2014
Down by the river
Anyone else do the Coastal Trail Series Sussex races yesterday? Did the ultra, first one. Signed up for a 50k, turned out to be 54.8k in total, 1,850m elevation, and the last 15k was essentially laps of Seven Sisters and Beachy Head... I was swearing a lot by the end of it. But a beautiful course and pretty well organised. Run time was 6:15:37 which I'm happy with, although it took me almost 2 hours to run the last 10k. The course was a lap of the marathon followed by a lap of the 10k course, and the feeling when you run past the finish line at mile 26 and have to go back out again was crushing.

Delighted to report that Jerusalem Marathon was completed in 4:06.
I am now officially a 100 Marathon Club member. A great course but certainly the hardest road marathon I have done. Still what goes up comes down!

Next up: Brighton marathon. I will be a 4:45 pacer so hope to see some of you out on our city roads

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Delighted to report that Jerusalem Marathon was completed in 4:06.
I am now officially a 100 Marathon Club member. A great course but certainly the hardest road marathon I have done. Still what goes up comes down!

Next up: Brighton marathon. I will be a 4:45 pacer so hope to see some of you out on our city roads

Well done - amazing achievement!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here