Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things we won't say about race that are true

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
What is a money pincher?

Well, its basicly saying that Jews (in general) are richer because they don't waste money/spend it easily/take every bit of money they can to keep to become richer, its obviously not a very widely used term and I probably shouldn't have said it

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes.

Free speech is important.

But why would anyone want to say something purely to offend someone?

Put like that, you make a very valid point, but nowadays it is so fashionable to be "offended" - what was genuinely not intended, can give "offence". A mate of mine gave up his seat on a bus recently to a lady and was told not to be sexist . .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well, its basicly saying that Jews (in general) are richer because they don't waste money/spend it easily/take every bit of money they can to keep to become richer, its obviously not a very widely used term and I probably shouldn't have said it

Probably wise not to have done so as pinching can also mean something completely different, which would then be slurring Jews with a rash and incorrect generalisation. Perhaps this is one of the difficulties of discussing this sort of topic as some people may jump to the wrong conclusion? This does not mean it should not be discussed, by the way, but it has to be balanced.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Probably wise not to have done so as pinching can also mean something completely different, which would then be slurring Jews with a rash and incorrect generalisation. Perhaps this is one of the difficulties of discussing this sort of topic as some people may jump to the wrong conclusion? This does not mean it should not be discussed, by the way, but it has to be balanced.

I do agree, it is difficult to discuss, but when it is it would have to be balanced

SAC

May 21, 2014
Put like that, you make a very valid point, but nowadays it is so fashionable to be "offended" - what was genuinely not intended, can give "offence". A mate of mine gave up his seat on a bus recently to a lady and was told not to be sexist . .

A young lad, in his late teens, gave his seat up for me on a bus. I was about 40 at the time and was pretty offended but thanked him and took the seat as it was a 30 minute journey.

I did work with someone who thought it was sexist to hold a door open for women (I, like most people, hold the door open for whoever is behind me as opposed to just women).

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What it all comes down to is the fact that most people just want something to moan about. There are times when genuine racism, sexism and other forms of prejudice generally occur but as people often point out, they're actually the rarity now and we're almost getting to the stage of 'the boy who cried wolf' where everyone gets so pent up about everything that when genuine situations happen people don't know how to act or whether it is really an issue of prejudice.

The recent complaints at Benedict Cumberbatch's are a prime example of this. There was absolutely nothing in what he said (if anything he was championing ethnic minorities) but it was claimed he was being racist despite it being clear to anyone with a brain cell that he was not.

Unfortunately the outcome of all of this is that the constant accusations of racism or sexism or any other form of prejudice, often when they aren't warranted, actually build up barriers between the sexes or different ethnic groups that make integration and a true multicultural/equal world more difficult to embrace or achieve. I guess, rather disappointingly, everyone has their prejudices so it is about achieving a minimum of such prejudice behaviour so that as few a people as possible have to suffer such incidents as it will never be possible to wipe out racism or sexism or any other form of prejudice as someone will always come up with some reason to moan.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Multi-racial societies do not work. We had a social fabric that was class-ridden but culturally and ethnically homogeneous. That enabled the country to unite against a common enemy. The politicians decided to change all that and created so many social cleavages that this country would never again be able to mobilise the entire population in a crisis.

Political correctness is a pernicious form of thought-control and a symptom of the bureaucratisation of society.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Even when using facts on reporting cases against certain races gets you the racist label, no wonder people are scared to speak out

If people really are scared to speak out, they're useless and should be sacked.
I think it's more to do with them being ignorant or lazy personally, then they just play the ironic race card.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Political correctness is a pernicious form of thought-control and a symptom of the bureaucratisation of society.

I hate to break it to you, but the only person controlling your thoughts is you.
Now try and have some nice ones about those 'nasty' people that frighten you, they're just humans like you.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
26AEBAD400000578-2996235-image-a-30_1426459150923.jpg

Why can't you say it, if it is proven to be statistically true.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why can't you say it, if it is proven to be statistically true.

Because there is far more to the story than that. If you only take away those few words and don't spend any more time thinking about what they actually mean, what they are saying and why that may be the case, you are going to form bad misguided opinions.

Sadly IMO, most people will do just that. They read the headline and that's it and that isn't good. Therefore we 'have' to allow for the lowest common denominator and not say anything at all.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

People that usually moan about political correctness are usually people that don't like the fact they can't say racist things anymore without being called a racist.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It's lovely that you have an opinion, i'm sure you've researched it well rather than plucking out of your arse. Got any data to back it up?

Noooo, thought not. Go back to your tiny little mind...

There is nothing tiny about my mind, thanks, and I am not a racist. I apologise for having opinions that differ from yours.

I dislike social engineering, especially of the sort that has been forced upon the UK, since WW2, without anything approaching a democratic mandate. If politicians want to change the face of society beyond all recognition then they should have the courtesy to ask for the host community’s permission.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would like to say that whatever colour,creed,race,religion,sexual orientation,disability,social standing or level of intelligence. I would never ever discriminate against you.
I would hold no pre conceived or prejudicial ideas about you.
Everything I receive comes from you....not me.

I am a blank canvas.
You paint the picture that I see.

Got it this is what you would like to say............................................???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here