Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things we won't say about race that are true

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have to agree. When Ch4 first hit the airwaves it was the alternative broadcaster. Not so much these days.

I get the impression that the "hard hitting cultural autopsies" they air now are the equivalent of a red top screaming controversial nonsense in the hope of baiting an audience.
Absolutely - whilst I didn't enjoy all the programmes broadcast over the years by Channel 4 the degradation recently of their oputput has been alarming, to the point wherre they seem to be competing with Channel 5 as to who can flog a single 'original' concept into the ground the quickest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even when using facts on reporting cases against certain races gets you the racist label
Can you give an example? Not like this one:
0.5% Jewish population and 1/5th of UK billlonaires and on average their income is more, so using statics its right to call them money pinchers
No, it's not right to call them penny pinchers. It's right to say that the Jewish population earn more per person than the population as a whole, or that the Jewish population pay a lot of tax. You could speculate that perhaps Jewish families often teach their children that money is important and that they should get good jobs to earn a lot.
What is a money pincher?
According to T&J it's a Jew, but according to the statistics it's a Romanian.

Exactly the point he was trying to make, the enviorment we have created, has created people so anti racist/immigration that when they are presented with hard facts, they are prepared to do away with freedom of speech in order to make/want people to shut up
I stand up against racism and am often considered on here to be too PC, but I've never had a problem discussing the facts and figures, and discussing what causes those facts etc.

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It's lovely that you have an opinion, i'm sure you've researched it well rather than plucking out of your arse. Got any data to back it up?

Noooo, thought not. Go back to your tiny little mind...

You might want to await my reply before telling me in your question that I have no answer.

The record of multi-racial societies is not good, is it? I refer you to the former Yugoslavia, especially Bosnia-Hercegovina (though that was more multi-ethnic than multi-racial). The USA continues to be divided along racial lines. Europe, especially the former colonial countries of Western Europe, still struggles to integrate disaffected, established minorities, whilst striving to assimilate waves of newcomers. Even Brazil, the composition of whose population is divided equally between people of African and European descent, has contrived a situation whereby the latter form the social and political elite, almost entirely to the exclusion of the former.

Studies have shown a correlation between controlled migration and good race relations. In the UK, all too often, immigration has been out of control and not enough care has been taken to assuage the concerns of the indigenous population.

Managed migration is good, it benefits the host community, but uncontrolled immigration, especially when it is imposed on a society, is not conducive to social harmony, in either the short-term or the long-term.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Can you give an example? Not like this one:
No, it's not right to call them penny pinchers. It's right to say that the Jewish population earn more per person than the population as a whole, or that the Jewish population pay a lot of tax. You could speculate that perhaps Jewish families often teach their children that money is important and that they should get good jobs to earn a lot.
According to T&J it's a Jew, but according to the statistics it's a Romanian.

I stand up against racism and am often considered on here to be too PC, but I've never had a problem discussing the facts and figures, and discussing what causes those facts etc.

Or following the theme of the 10 points of the program: "If you need a business partner, smart people find one that is Jewish"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's lovely that you have an opinion, i'm sure you've researched it well rather than plucking out of your arse. Got any data to back it up?

Noooo, thought not. Go back to your tiny little mind...

You always whining about others not doing their research why dont you do your research instead of stupidly asking someone to prove a negative?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
British values 'a tough call' for inspectors - Ofsted

In particular, Mr Harford mentioned inspectors who had gone into schools serving predominantly Muslim communities in Birmingham and Tower Hamlets, Jewish schools in Hackney, and Christian schools in the North East.

It was tough to say "uncomfortable things about how these institutions were failing to prepare their pupils for life in modern Britain", he said.

"Schools, particularly those in mono-cultural areas, are on the frontline of ensuring that our society doesn't become fragmented and divided.

"We have all seen in recent months what can happen when this frontline is breached," he added.

It was absolutely essential that inspectors focused on the issue and applied the same principles and standards everywhere, he said.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/education-31991767

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Absolutely - whilst I didn't enjoy all the programmes broadcast over the years by Channel 4 the degradation recently of their oputput has been alarming, to the point wherre they seem to be competing with Channel 5 as to who can flog a single 'original' concept into the ground the quickest.

Think this is true of mainstream TV journalism full stop.

It all seems to be one sided hatchet jobs or deliberately provocative reporting.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is nothing tiny about my mind, thanks, and I am not a racist. I apologise for having opinions that differ from yours.

I dislike social engineering, especially of the sort that has been forced upon the UK, since WW2, without anything approaching a democratic mandate. If politicians want to change the face of society beyond all recognition then they should have the courtesy to ask for the host community’s permission.

I imagine many people were saying the same thing while the empire was being assembled.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
You might want to await my reply before telling me in your question that I have no answer.

The record of multi-racial societies is not good, is it?

Studies have shown a correlation between controlled migration and good race relations. In the UK, all too often, immigration has been out of control and not enough care has been taken to assuage the concerns of the indigenous population.

Managed migration is good...

Picked 3 points here to reply to.

1stly, fair enough - my apologies, debate is good, my comment was slightly out of order.

2ndly i disagree that the record of multi racial societies isn't good, as do you in your 4th point.

3rd, good point, i'd agree that tensions are higher as integration occurs, and it stands to reason that integration is harder if the waves are larger as a percentage of total pop. I would personally prefer a cap to immigration, if nothing else for peace of mind for those that feel as if they have to bear the brunt of it.

Your replies lead me to believe that you consider most change is a result of social engineering by politicians. This strikes me somewhat paranoid. It seems to me most politicians couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, and though we blame them for societies changes, they're just being swept along by the tide with the rest of us.

Culture changes, and it's doing so at an ever quickening rate, i think that maybe you're attributing a lot of cultural changes that politicians have no control over to them.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
You always whining about others not doing their research why dont you do your research instead of stupidly asking someone to prove a negative?

Sigh.

Still crying because you were proved ignorant?

or was it because after you were supplied with the facts you were still unable to google them to check them. Let me find the quotes...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sigh.

Still crying because you were proved ignorant?

or was it because after you were supplied with the facts you were still unable to google them to check them. Let me find the quotes...

Er no, suggesting you ease up on the melodramatics, as I said someone like you is easily manageable. So I'll repeat.

Stop selectively demanding research or telling people to do theirs. Especially when you seem to be oblivious as to when these points are applied, ieattempting to prove a negative.

You see what I did? I avoided your weak attempt at a dodge and brought you back to the point.

Managable.:)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

1stly, fair enough - my apologies, debate is good, my comment was slightly out of order.

2ndly i disagree that the record of multi racial societies isn't good, as do you in your 4th point.

3rd, good point, i'd agree that tensions are higher as integration occurs, and it stands to reason that integration is harder if the waves are larger as a percentage of total pop. I would personally prefer a cap to immigration, if nothing else for peace of mind for those that feel as if they have to bear the brunt of it.

Your replies lead me to believe that you consider most change is a result of social engineering by politicians. This strikes me somewhat paranoid. It seems to me most politicians couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, and though we blame them for societies changes, they're just being swept along by the tide with the rest of us.

Culture changes, and it's doing so at an ever quickening rate, i think that maybe you're attributing a lot of cultural changes that politicians have no control over to them.

one word INDIA

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Not true, politicians voted to repeal the death penalty when there was still a clear majority of the population for it. And invaded Iraq in 2003, when I think there was a clear majority against...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here