Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MANAGERS' VIEWS: HUGHTON AND HARRIS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Millwall caretaker manager NEIL HARRIS took the positives from last night’s goalless draw with Brighton & Hove Albion in their bid to climb out of the bottom three.
He told millwallfc.co.uk, "I couldn’t have asked much more from the boys other than a bit more quality in the final third. We were playing a good footballing side so there were going to be spells when they had the ball but we weren’t really under the cosh.
“We didn’t score in the first 25 minutes and if we had done that then we could have gone on from there, but the ball didn’t go in the net.
"We were excellent between the two boxes. Unfortunately that final ball was lacking just a little bit. We are getting more bodies into the box and, with a little more creativity, we can win some games.
“It was a concern that there would be a spell where they had the ball and we would give chances away. That didn’t happen and I’m pleased for the boys because it shows good mental strength and character.
"We are trying to put a team out there that gives the fans what they want and is effective. I wasn't the best player when I played here but I played with my heart on my sleeve, and these players can do that.
"All we are talking in terms of the necessary improvement is little things here and there.
"To be the better side against a good Brighton team, and go on to keep a clean sheet, is a good starting point for us."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Brighton & Hove Albion manager CHRIS HUGHTON says he is unsure whether 50 points will be enough to secure Championship safety this season and stressed how important it is to rotate the squad during a hectic period of fixtures.
He said, “I see it as eight massive games. My only concern is where we are in the table in that bottom group, but even if you look at the top, it’s chopping and changing and Watford have gone top now. That’s how the league is and they’ll be eight big games for every team in this division.
“I just couldn’t tell you how many points we’d need because it is that type of league. How else can you explain that Wigan have won their last four games away from home and struggled at home?
“It’s difficult to explain. I think the team that have had the biggest difficulties is Blackpool and it’s very understandable as to why they’ve found it difficult, but everyone else in this division has got good squads.
“When we were nine points clear then you felt a bit more comfortable. Fortunately we’ve got a good goal difference, but we’ve still got work to do.
“Part of the problem is you don’t get an opportunity to work on the training ground because you’re playing at the weekend, followed by a match in midweek.
“Although I’d made a fair few changes from the weekend, I have a lot of players that have played a lot of games. Certainly at this stage of the season, rest and recovery is as important as training. You don’t necessarily get the volume of time on the training ground as you like, but we’ll keep looking for the right formula. We didn’t find it today but it doesn’t mean we won’t find it on another day.”* [h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h] FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h] FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h] TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here