Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movies you didn't expect to enjoy ...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
"Chappie". I went to watch it last week expecting a rubbish Short Circuit crossed with Robocop car crash of a movie. What I actually got was a really good Short Circuit crossed with Robocop movie that was susprisingly fun and emotional. I'd definitely recommend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought Thor was going to be total gubbins, but actually really enjoyed that.

Oh, and that news Tom Cruise one, Edge of Tomorrow. Kind of a Groundhog Day in a futuristic warzone. Did not sound promising at all, but it turned out to be one of the best sci-fi films of the last 5 years IMO.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Another movie which I enjoyed and didnt expect to was Pacific Rim, Never been a fan of these type of films, but couldnt help but enjoy seeing giant robots smash up giant monsters.

I was HUGELY disappointed with Pacific Rim, but I was expecting something OTHER than giant robots. Didn't need the wet wipes I brought with me ONCE.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh, and that news Tom Cruise one, Edge of Tomorrow. Kind of a Groundhog Day in a futuristic warzone. Did not sound promising at all, but it turned out to be one of the best sci-fi films of the last 5 years IMO.

Really enjoyed it too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gone With the Wind. - forty years ago as a student I was always rude about it, dismissing it as a load of romantic tosh. Then it was re-released, so I went to see it so I could be rude about it with authority. I thoroughly enjoyed it. That actually taught me a lesson.
Never seen it, but I have watched 'The Making of Gone With The Wind' probably this:-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385073/combined

It's well worth seeing the attention to detail that went into GWTW is incredible.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'll throw in two more - two that are 'Oh my god, these are the sort of films my parents would watch' ...

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
Quartet

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Kick Ass

I was planning a trip to Beachy Head on being informed i was going to have to watch this.
Everything i hate rolled into one as far as my viewing preferences go.

A film that has no reason to exist, a storyline that is stupid and just wrong on every level.

The only film i have started to watch thinking WTF am i doing here and at the end asking for it to be played again.

Who doesnt enjoy a film with a little girl with a gun saying c:censored:

Saw this the other day and enjoyed it. If you got young kids, it's like watching Stephanie from Lazytown with attitude!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I know most of you will laugh but i dreaded watching Postman Pat the movie with my kids, but really enjoyed it

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Starship Troopers. I wasn't expecting it to be a satirical comment on military recruitment propaganda.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
The Hunger Games. Thought it was going to be up-its-own-arse over-important chick-lit rubbish. Actually quite good.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
In all honesty, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, just because I got put off by the length of each film and since I have the attention span of a happy dog sometimes, I thought I would get bored after a while, I was wrong.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Best exotic marigold hotel. Thought it was going to be total shonk when I rented it from the library to watch with my Stepdad. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gosford park. Same deal.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Grand Budapest Hotel. Looked a bit off the wall for me, funny moments, great cast and a good story

This!

Just finished watching it. Not a fan of Wes Anderson movies at all, but a friend recommended I watched it and I was really impressed. Very entertaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here