Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not at all old bean.

Leaving in the gherkin is misguided, but nothing more than that.

Removing it is a crime. Buy a happy meal.

I presume you don't have brown sauce on a bacon and egg sandwich either.

Food heathenism!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I must admit that I love a Golden Arches breakfast. I can take or leave the rest of the day's food – I think I've had one in the past five years – but the breakfast, coffee and free wifi makes it a convenient winner for me on many occasions.

However, something I've noticed at numerous branches is how SLOW this 'fast' food is getting. The food seems to take AGES these days – there have been instances where I've waited about five minutes for a coffee and the place isn't even that busy. And those self-service machines are pure shite – straight to the human at the till every time, for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know I would...

[tweet]1159143161849155591[/tweet]

...and I feel so dirty.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ugh. The only thing that makes their burgers edible is the gherkin.

Remove that and it's just a bland, boring piece of shit. Why would you eat that?

Because it tastes better than the gherkin.

Got a batch of £1.99 vouchers out of The Metro last week - Big Mac and fries, Double Cheeseburger and fries, etc, all for £1.99. Not bothering to cook breakfast this week. Delicious! Haven't tried the fillet of fish yet though .....................

Do wish they'd have a doorman to keep the chavs and squealing kids out though! :wink:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Remove that and it's just a bland, boring piece of shit. Why would you eat that?

#teamgherkin

Not sure if this is completely true but I was told if McDonalds didn't serve their burgers with a gherkin inside, the burger would have to classified as a desert.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

#teamgherkin

Its a bland, boring piece of shit regardless. Lift up the bun and take a look at that gruesome, grey compressed lump of patty. Its "food" Jim, but not as we know it.

Burger King is shithouse as well, there's something not quite "right" about their pieces of congealed lukewarm squashed gubbins. I think the only piece of fast food I find tolerable is a KFC Zinger burger. An actual piece of chicken fillet in a recognisable meat shape, with some lettuce and mayo - thats ok. I appreciate the chicken was no more than 7 months old when slaughtered, and during its brief miserable life had been pumped up the arse with more chemicals and preservatives than Philip Schofield, but somehow it still tastes alright. And processed white meat always feels vaguely less catastrophic than the industrial gruesome brown/grey gunk McD and BK churn out.

But shit up a stick, its ALL last resort, isn't it ?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Just picked up food from the McDs drive through. I asked for a quarterpounder with cheese, but with no pickle/gherkin. Got home to find they had given me a quarterpounder without cheese but with pickles/gherkin. But I'm not really bothered, it was for Juanita.

But seriously, why would someone ask for a quarterpounder with cheese without cheese.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Oldest trick in the book to make sure you get a freshly cooked burger and not one that has been under the heat lamp for hours.

No! A quarterpounder with cheese without cheese is just a quarterpounder, and they would just be sitting there already. It's the pickle you take out to get a fresh one. Mind you, I think so many people do it now that they probably stock up on them anyway.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't know what it is about mc d's. But every time i have one i feel ill, feel hungry again soon after and regret eating one.
but i just keep going back , the fries are nice i must admit but not sure why every now and again i go back.
its got illuminati written all over it. :shrug:

All of this. Except the fries, which I think are grotty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here