Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
When does does dinner become breakfast? I was in the St Pancras branch at 02:30 once, sitting around waiting for the first Eurostar of the day. I thought a McMuffin would hit the spot but they were still serving dinner, which felt oddly wrong. Just had a coffee out of social embarrassment.

Of course, I could have just asked I suppose but I'm English and shy.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
When does does dinner become breakfast? I was in the St Pancras branch at 02:30 once, sitting around waiting for the first Eurostar of the day. I thought a McMuffin would hit the spot but they were still serving dinner, which felt oddly wrong. Just had a coffee out of social embarrassment.

Think it's 5am. Maybe 4.30 but pretty sure it's 5

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada

It's all a mystery. I found a coupon for a 'free sandwich' from their Monopoly game (they run it in Canada & US, not sure about the rest of the world). Anyway, I entered the McDonald's at 10:45am and asked for a Big Mac but was told they were still on breakfast. So I asked for a 'breakfast sandwich' and was told a 'free sandwich' did not include a 'breakfast sandwich'. All sandwiches are not equal.

I also ended up having a coffee. They must make a fortune on confused customers ordering coffee just so they can leave.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
There's an Uncle Sams on Carden Avenue, just a short bus ride away.

Uncle Sams back in the day when there was only the one shop they were the best but I am not sure what's happened since but as each new shop opened the quality went down

MacDonalds were the pits but have reinvented themselves and before my recent conversion to Vegetarianism their Signature burgers were very good

But for me the best was Burger Kings Whopper UNTIL

I tried the Vegan Burgers in the Victory Pub in Brighton I only had one as I was with my Vegan Daughter one lunch time and I was amazed I can honestly say it was the best burger I had ever tasted

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I know what you mean.

I don't like McDonalds at all, I always feel shite after having one. Yet I'm sitting here now quite fancying a quarterpounder with cheese as well (minus the pickle OBVS - who are these people who leave the pickle in ??).

I don't want one. But I do. Ugh.

At the motorway services over Xmas, I found the 'customise' button on the quarter pounder with cheese option on the machines. This invention - the crowning glory of automation - enabled me to remove the pickles without speaking to a human being.

I could murder a sausage and egg mcmuffin off the back of this thread.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At the motorway services over Xmas, I found the 'customise' button on the quarter pounder with cheese option on the machines. This invention - the crowning glory of automation - enabled me to remove the pickles without speaking to a human being.

I've not yet used these new fangled "touchscreen" order stations they've installed, where all human contact is removed until the point of collection. I imagine its like ordering a kerosine camp stove from Argos - an efficient but ultimately rather detached experience that leaves you feeling like you've been....processed, not served.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've not yet used these new fangled "touchscreen" order stations they've installed, where all human contact is removed until the point of collection. I imagine its like ordering a kerosine camp stove from Argos - an efficient but ultimately rather detached experience that leaves you feeling like you've been....processed, not served.

Who goes to McDonald's for the witty repartee?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Choosing to have gherkins removed from a burger is like ordering a steak well done, with ketchup.

For children (or Donald Trump).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Choosing to have gherkins removed from a burger is like ordering a steak well done, with ketchup.

For children (or Donald Trump).

No one likes the gherkin do they? That's why I prefer a BK Bacon Double Cheeseburger ANY day of the week.

(The fries are dreadful mind)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No one likes the gherkin do they? That's why I prefer a BK Bacon Double Cheeseburger ANY day of the week.

(The fries are dreadful mind)

No, nobody likes the gherkin. And the ones who say that they do are only pretending, in an attempt to appear more cultured.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always ask for extra gherkin....

giphy.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports