Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread of last gasp goals

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I ruddy love these. There's no better than seeing fans going NUTS in the 93rd minute.

So let's start this with some of our own Albion favourites and expand it from there - to start with, a bit of Leo Ulloa, Adam Virgo and Dean Wilkins

1) Albion, needing a win to reach the play-offs appeared to have missed their chance when Inigo Calderon had his fierce 88th minute drive heading for the top corner palmed away. But Kaz, CMS and Leo hadn't quite given up:

[yt]0_2F4-c_gLM[/yt]

2) One of the most lethargic, drab performances we saw under McGhee looked like it had culminated in Albion blowing an first leg lead. One last chance. Swindon weren't there yet...

[yt]lQOXh_VDvSA[/yt]

3) Albion had clung onto a top 6 place all season. Needing a win at home to Ipswich to secure it, they had clung onto an early lead, even saving a penalty to preserve that lead. But all looked doomed when Kris Kiwomya had scored an equaliser 7 minutes from time. But Albion had one last free kick just outside the box...

[yt]XQXOQbP4OCQ[/yt]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Away from the Albion, how about this one. Carlisle United are on the brink of relegation to the Conference. Everyone into the box for the corner, including on loan goalkeeper Jimmy Glass...

[yt]4HLqMcm_SGw[/yt]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The night at Blackburn when Spanish Dave was trending on Twitter, for cooly slotting away a penalty, in injury time to earn us a point.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This from last week. After a 2-2 draw in Mexico, Montreal seem to have done the hard part and look set to qualify for the Concacaf Champions League. Then Pachuca tuck an 82nd minute penalty.

93rd minute, and the Montreal full back comes marauding out with the ball and lumps a Hail Mary ball in the direction of 19 year old rookie, Cameron Porter. He's still got an awful lot to do if he's going to send 40,000 Montrealers home happy:

[yt]yv-OZSuob98[/yt]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh FFS, we ALWAYS lose when it goes to penalties. Oh hang on, free kick to us:

[yt]xY16I1-YZTM[/yt]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nothing better than a last minute goal but also nothing worse if it happens to your team. Got to love sport, it's an amazing thing sometimes.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The last World cup had a huge amount of late goals in games, it was always worth a couple of quid on each team to score after about the 88minute, I made a shed load of winning bets doing this

Edit- Barring England, of course:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Twin mental moments from two seasons ago, just a week apart:

Watford v Leicester
[yt]SFq59OTn-NQ[/yt]

and Bentford v Doncaster
[yt]t4SK8PP-UP8[/yt]

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I ruddy love these. There's no better than seeing fans going NUTS in the 93rd minute.

So let's start this with some of our own Albion favourites and expand it from there - to start with, a bit of Leo Ulloa, Adam Virgo and Dean Wilkins

1) Albion, needing a win to reach the play-offs appeared to have missed their chance when Inigo Calderon had his fierce 88th minute drive heading for the top corner palmed away. But Kaz, CMS and Leo hadn't quite given up:

[yt]0_2F4-c_gLM[/yt]

2) One of the most lethargic, drab performances we saw under McGhee looked like it had culminated in Albion blowing an first leg lead. One last chance. Swindon weren't there yet...

[yt]lQOXh_VDvSA[/yt]

3) Albion had clung onto a top 6 place all season. Needing a win at home to Ipswich to secure it, they had clung onto an early lead, even saving a penalty to preserve that lead. But all looked doomed when Kris Kiwomya had scored an equaliser 7 minutes from time. But Albion had one last free kick just outside the box...

[yt]XQXOQbP4OCQ[/yt]

Great thread, great scenes.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

[yt]0_2F4-c_gLM[/yt]

I really want to find the video of the Forest fan filming from above the away end. What mental scenes that day really was!

I'll add this one. Nothing has come close to this feeling... Skip to 8.29.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Watford 3 v leicester 1 in 2013.. Knockhaert missed the penalty in the 95th minute or something. .then the ball goes straight up to Deeney to make it 3 booking their place in the play offs.. sky reporter was going mefntal haha

thats the one!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watford 3 v leicester 1 in 2013.. Knockhaert missed the penalty in the 95th minute or something. .then the ball goes straight up to Deeney to make it 3 booking their place in the play offs.. sky reporter was going mental haha

#11 mate :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here