Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Express Elite Football Performance Centre

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Firstly, thank you for your response to my recent question regarding the Player service. Much appreciated.

I have another question has been bugging me, regarding the fantastic new training ground. Will the club be allowing other teams to use (rent) the facilities on a needs basis, in the same way we do with St Georges or a few other centres that we have used in the past (I seem to remember we used Man City's some time ago)? I would think that it would be a popular destination if we ever get to host a major football event again in this country, or for visiting international club sides, or even for rugby world cup teams (with some minor goalpost changes!)? Thanks.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Currently the training ground is very much in use, seven days a week, from first thing in the morning to late in the evening - as it houses the first team, U21s, U18s, academy and women's & girls - not to mention the community pitch too. SGP is a very different set up, which is for the national team, which doesn't have the same requirements, plus it is a bigger site, with a hotel - and therefore it was always planned that it would be made available to teams. That said, that doesn't mean other teams couldn't ask to use it. For football teams, these requests are made manager-to-manager, but given that we are not surrounding by other teams, it's not something we have had as yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here