Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
As a Redskins fan I'll join for a splash about in the sea of sadness.

If we were to pick at five then BPA will do, a rusher or receiver. If we trade down pick up a rusher and a tackle/guard. In Scott we trust, first draft I've genuinely been excited about since 2012.

I'd like a receiver. Need to give RG3 every opportunity to bounce back. If he doesn't, at least we'll know it wasn't for lack of help on offence.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Last year the Giants picked up Odell Beckham at 12[SUP]th[/SUP] spot – Odell was so good that he exceeded the Giants expectations and won NFL offensive Rookie of the Year. The pressure is on Reese to make an equally good selection at 9[SUP]th[/SUP] pick, the reality is that is unlikely and there may not even be a player of Odell’s capability in the draft. But the rumours that the Giants are looking for a receiver make no sense – even if Amari Cooper is somehow still available as it’s looking likely the Jets will go for him.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd like a receiver. Need to give RG3 every opportunity to bounce back. If he doesn't, at least we'll know it wasn't for lack of help on offence.

I wouldn't say no to either Cooper or even White but we have Garcon, Jackson and Reed ready to catch. I'm being won round to Fowler or Beasley giving Kerrigan some help on the sack front or a trade down to pick up Scherff lower down. I like TJ Clemmings as a potent RD 2/3 pick up too. It's nice to finally have some interest in the first round for a change, I think the Skins will pick up at least two starters in this draft and some good developmental talent too. As a wild card I would not mind picking Sean Mannion as a late round QB pick up if he is still there at Rd 5, the kid has an arm, unrefined but better than McCoy at the very least.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I wouldn't say no to either Cooper or even White but we have Garcon, Jackson and Reed ready to catch. I'm being won round to Fowler or Beasley giving Kerrigan some help on the sack front or a trade down to pick up Scherff lower down. I like TJ Clemmings as a potent RD 2/3 pick up too. It's nice to finally have some interest in the first round for a change, I think the Skins will pick up at least two starters in this draft and some good developmental talent too. As a wild card I would not mind picking Sean Mannion as a late round QB pick up if he is still there at Rd 5, the kid has an arm, unrefined but better than McCoy at the very least.

Fowler or Williams would be good, but I would absolutely love to see them pick up Cooper or White. To be honest, I must confess that I'm basing this entirely on other people's opinions, as I've only just started paying attention to the college game. I could just see the NFC East being a division of shootouts next season, and I'm also jealous of the Giants having Odell Beckham.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Last year the Giants picked up Odell Beckham at 12[SUP]th[/SUP] spot – Odell was so good that he exceeded the Giants expectations and won NFL offensive Rookie of the Year. The pressure is on Reese to make an equally good selection at 9[SUP]th[/SUP] pick, the reality is that is unlikely and there may not even be a player of Odell’s capability in the draft. But the rumours that the Giants are looking for a receiver make no sense – even if Amari Cooper is somehow still available as it’s looking likely the Jets will go for him.

I think Giants need to go O-line and help Eli. ODB Jr was dynamite last year, very difficult to strike gold two years in a row. Eli could with a little help, although I expect some good D talent to be available at 9 too. I think this is one of the best defensive drafts for a while, good rushers and decent corners, even if it is thin at safety. I also like the RB depth this year, Gurley and Gordon are beasts but there is still depth below them too.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Fowler or Williams would be good, but I would absolutely love to see them pick up Cooper or White. To be honest, I must confess that I'm basing this entirely on other people's opinions, as I've only just started paying attention to the college game. I could just see the NFC East being a division of shootouts next season, and I'm also jealous of the Giants having Odell Beckham.

I think the main thing for the Skins is get a decent version of 2012 RGIII back, in which case De Sean Jackson and Pierre Garcon smoke everyone. That said I too really like Amari Cooper, he would tie up the position for years regardless of QB. I prefer Fowler/Beasley over Williams as we are ok against the run but lousy on pressuring on the QB. We could trade a potential Williams pick and still get a good edge rusher in RD 1 and then pick up a tackle/guard in Rd 2. There will still be receiver and RB's at Rds 3 down and a developmental QB at 6-7. I am way too up for this draft, which is a shame as I need to get up early to head up north for our Boro weekend.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The Seahawks will have an interesting first round - ah wait, we got Jimmy Graham with that in a trade with the Saints !!

Either way, the Seahawks are very good with late draft picks and have 11 picks in total this draft. Pete Carroll and John Schneider are experts at this with some previous great late-round picks. Even then, they still do well with players that end up undrafted.

The main thing Im interested in, is that whether the Bucs will indeed draft Jameis Winston and where Marcus Mariota will end up.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I think the main thing for the Skins is get a decent version of 2012 RGIII back, in which case De Sean Jackson and Pierre Garcon smoke everyone. That said I too really like Amari Cooper, he would tie up the position for years regardless of QB. I prefer Fowler/Beasley over Williams as we are ok against the run but lousy on pressuring on the QB. We could trade a potential Williams pick and still get a good edge rusher in RD 1 and then pick up a tackle/guard in Rd 2. There will still be receiver and RB's at Rds 3 down and a developmental QB at 6-7. I am way too up for this draft, which is a shame as I need to get up early to head up north for our Boro weekend.

RG3 back to 2012 would possibly also mean a lot more from Alfred Morris, so here's hoping. I'm going to have to miss the draft as well, absolutely livid.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Interesting that the NFL draft in Grant Park has pushed the route of the Polish Constitution Day parade off it's usual route in the Chicago downtown. The Polish sure do take a bit of dispiriting. This apparently is the largest Polish parade outside of Warsaw.

Now I have found out that in 1975 serial killer, John Wayne Gacy, was the director of the parade.

Only the Polish.

In 1975, now-infamous serial killer John Wayne Gacy was appointed director of the parade, which he supervised from 1975 until 1978. Through his work with the parade, Gacy met and was photographed with then First Lady Rosalynn Carter on May 6, 1978. Rosalynn Carter signed one photo: "To John Gacy. Best wishes. Rosalynn Carter". The event later became an embarrassment to the United States Secret Service, as in the pictures taken Gacy can be seen wearing an "S" pin, indicating a person who has received special clearance by the Secret Service.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
So far:

Bucs – Jameis Winston
Titans – Marcus Mariota
Jags – Dante Fowler Jnr
Raiders – Amari Cooper
Redskins – Brandon Scherff
Jets – Leonard Williams
Bears – Kevin White
Falcons – Vic Beasley
Giants – Eereck Flowers
Rams – Todd Gurley
Vikings – Trae Waynes
Brown – Danny Shelton
Saints – Andrus Peat
Dolphins – Devante Parker
Chargers – Melvin Gordon

and that’s nearly halfway – now time to watch the last period of the Capitals / Rangers game

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A tinge of disappointment with Dante Fowler Jr, awesome prospect but I was really hoping to see a top addition to help Bortles. 2nd round pick must be an offence player, whether it's a wideout or running back.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Hard to get excited about Washington taking a guard at no 5 but it may well be a sensible pick. We shall see.

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting gamble by the Broncos to move up and take Shane Ray. Don't think anyone predicted that one.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Think the Jets did well to pick up Leonard Williams, cool hair as well. Still you cant have it all - they do still have Geno Smith as QB

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Falcons pick Tevin Coleman and jalen Collins. Another two good,smart picks!! I think so far we'v done better than most in the draft so far great job by Quinn. Coleman could be a real superstar, don't know a lot about Collins but a lot of social media and pundits seem to think he's a good addition! Expectations for next season are just rising slightly! Lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here