Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Warren Adpinall says JFC doesn't deserve to start on Saturday.

The useless twonk needs to leave our club! Hopeless.

I think he's an easy target - he's that kind of "neat and tidy, 5 yard pass" midfielder that really doesn't seem to do much at times. Sure, he's not pulled up trees but then he's still only 21 I think. If Hughton wants to keep him, I'd certainly be happy with his decision even if I'm not convinced by him myself.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a horrible game that was.

Fair play to Reading they did a job on us tonight.

Hughton will have found out a lot about his squad from that game.

Oh well.

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
What a horrible game that was.

Fair play to Reading they did a job on us tonight.

Hughton will have found out a lot about his squad from that game.

Oh well.

Where you there ? Going by radio sounds like it was a fair result and for once our fans cant blame the ref or bad luck for a loss.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Starting Calde Holla and Tex seems so blimmin obvious. In our position, getting a solid first 11 (or at least 8 or 9) who start most games must be the way forward. We don't have a squad full of top drawer players to rotate in and out of the squad- we just need some consistency- tighten up at the back and bang them in at the other end.

Easy!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think he's an easy target - he's that kind of "neat and tidy, 5 yard pass" midfielder that really doesn't seem to do much at times. Sure, he's not pulled up trees but then he's still only 21 I think. If Hughton wants to keep him, I'd certainly be happy with his decision even if I'm not convinced by him myself.

If he was any good he wouldn't be a target.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Did a job on us? I don't like the sound of that, one for the F.A. court of litigation surely? Or are you merely remarking that they 'literally' shat all over us? That I can live with.

Kosh

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
On the bright side, we got an away goal.

Yep. Ended up putting a few quid on both to score which off set score draw losses so this is only bright spot for me this evening. Sounded dismal. Hats off to those 1k+ that went.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
on the bright side we are still 9 points clar of the bottom three, I guess if we keep that up we have a chance of staying up!

Fair enough but we need to keep some form moving onto the next season.
This group are not good enough to challenge for a step up.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well I say live with, naturally I'm livid... Time for some pitch fork and torch burning of yore... Someone will hang for this defeat, mark my words, I won't rest until... ya da da ya da da da etc.

Right I'm off to bed.

Kosh

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just out of the stadium. Quick note to Mr Hughton. Dear sir, by all means experiment with the team to see who you want to keep next season, but please don't do it with my £30.

When I'm paying, I'd rather you played Tex, Calde and Bruno. Thank you.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

JFC shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11 - simply offers absolutely nothing! When we will ever learn

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not at all Baz. Just CH has got it wrong tonight. Reading were their to be taken out and we would off been 12 points clear of Wigan and Millwall. They played on Saturday we of course did not .So why the starting xl. For me the jury is still out on CH and to be honest after the walking disaster of Hyypia anything is an improvement.

It seems like tonight could have gone either way. Our team selection gave us a chance against an under-performing side.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Taking the positives from it, I hope it's given Hughton a better idea of who he wants to get rid of in the summer.

Clearly Leon Best will not be getting a contract here. If we're still in this division.

Looks like CH will only be keeping Kayal :lolol:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Hughton has some explaining to do with that team selection.

Took a gamble and it backfired.Even the bench looked weak. Second substitution left to the 86th minute, and then a defender, has to be questioned. If Sami had still been manager he would have been slated.It is the first time that I have been disappointed in Hughton and hope he has learned something from this evening. If we stay up and I think we will, Saturday is a big game, then I can see a mass clearout. There are not many in this squad that will get us competeing at the right end of the table.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Actually the more I think about it, the more I like this defeat. I reckon this is just the tonic our overly confident gin strut of late needed. So we're safe are we? So we're back in 'action' are we? Well let me tell you something.... actually I don't know where I was going with this, hmmmmmm ooohhhhhhh free delivery on ALL bouquets you say, now that IS interesting.

Kosh

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Where you there ? Going by radio sounds like it was a fair result and for once our fans cant blame the ref or bad luck for a loss.
To be fair the ref was crap totally lost control at the end. But tonight was Hughtons fault. Inept. No subs on until 75 minutes and brings on a poor man's Harley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here