Reading Vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
reading.png
----
brighton-and-hove-albion.png

Reading boss Steve Clarke must decide whether to risk centre-half Alex Pearce, who suffered a broken nose in Saturday's FA draw tie at Bradford.
Chris Gunter and Garath McCleary could return to the team after being on the bench at the weekend.
Brighton will be without striker Sam Baldock, who looks set to miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.
Kazenga LuaLua is likely to come into the starting line-up in Baldock's absence.

Royals manager Clarke wants his players to show the same desire in the Championship as they have during the club's impressive FA Cup run.
They are in Monday's FA Cup semi-final draw, yet are 18th in the Championship table with 11 league matches remaining.
"Between now and then there's two important games," said Clarke, whose side face a quarter-final replay at home to Bradford on 16 March.
"We want the same resolve and desire on Tuesday night."

MATCH FACTS

Head to head

Brighton are unbeaten in the last four meetings in all competitions.
Reading have won three of the last four meetings at the Madejski Stadium, drawing the other.

Reading

Reading have won only one of their last six games in the Championship.
The Royals have lost their last three home games, scoring no goals and conceding six.

Brighton

Brighton have won three of their last four games, losing the other.
The Seagulls have not won any of their last four away games, losing two. Their last win on the road was 1-0 at Charlton on 10 January.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Reading 1 Albion 2

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have a bad feeling about tonight.

It probably doesn't help that I can see the Madejski from the window in my office and work with a silly amount of their fans. Bring on 5 and a quick change of clothes and quiet beer on Green Park then a short walk around the corner for the match.

Being from Bromley and now in Reading, this will be the easiet trip I have ever had for an Albion match.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have a bad feeling about tonight.

It probably doesn't help that I can see the Madejski from the window in my office and work with a silly amount of their fans. Bring on 5 and a quick change of clothes and quiet beer on Green Park then a short walk around the corner for the match.

Being from Bromley and now in Reading, this will be the easiet trip I have ever had for an Albion match.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks to the incompetence of Millwall and Wigan, plus the competence of Chris Hughton, I am so MEH about this game. I really couldn't care less.

I will just say that Reading are tin-pot ****s though, and I'd love to see them go down next year.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When was the last time our season fizzled out this early? 9 points clear and a couple of home wins away from guaranteed safety. I'll listen in but may switch allegiance at half time if telly box is more exciting.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
When was the last time our season fizzled out this early? 9 points clear and a couple of home wins away from guaranteed safety. I'll listen in but may switch allegiance at half time if telly box is more exciting.
You've gone a bit early on that prediction. This time next week we could easily be right back in it and facing a Millwall side in a massive 6 pointer.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks to the incompetence of Millwall and Wigan, plus the competence of Chris Hughton, I am so MEH about this game. I really couldn't care less.

I will just say that Reading are tin-pot ****s though, and I'd love to see them go down next year.

Why wait for next year???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have just look at the table and did not realise how close we are to Huddersfield when we get the win tonight

EVERY GAME MATTERS FFS

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Norwich 3 pts clear and ended up 4 pts adrift with 11 games to go last season.

Everything points to a bore draw. I don't know whether it will be 0-0 or 1-1 though?

I think the younger players should be given a chance as Reading may play a younger team.

The oldies are Calderon, Greer and Bruno.

How good is Rob Hunt? Could he get place on the bench?

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Lose our next two and we will for sure lose to Milwall, and be right in the mix with an impossible run in.

We need 4 points from next two, then we are safe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is two months to the day since we last scored an away goal, so am hoping that will change tonight and things go in our favour. Having said that, I won't be unduly bothered if we lose - we need to win another two or three games (plus the odd draw here and there) but tonight doesn't have to be one of them.

Come on you Albion - let me have a calm and peaceful April for once!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Negative and boring 0-0 with both teams happy not to lose is my guess.

More than two shots on target in the first half will be a turn up :wink:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Anyone got player working yet?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Negative and boring 0-0 with both teams happy not to lose is my guess.

More than two shots on target in the first half will be a turn up :wink:

Bookies agree with you: 8/11 no goals 1/1 both score

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here