Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-030215-l229-2307512_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
12:00 2nd March 2015
by James Hilsum
If you don’t stick to your targets when you play against these teams, then you will be beaten."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs says Sunday’s Premier League Cup quarter-final defeat to Charlton Athletic was a wake-up call for his side.
Albion were beaten by the Addicks after second-half goals from Kit Graham and Rosie Paye and Marrs says his players recognise where improvements need to be made.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’ll certainly be making them watch the game on Tuesday evening and they can sit down and see what I had to watch.
“They can then draw their own analysis from it. We spoke as a group after the game as well to get the players’ brief thoughts and they admitted it was a poor performance.
“They know themselves and I don’t need to hammer them. These are the things we’ll work on in training.
“We just need to remember that we’re not invincible by any stretch of the imagination and sometimes a result like this can give the girls a reminder in order for them to push on in the league.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Marrs went on to admit there were few positives to take from the game and was frustrated that his side let their standards slip after half time.
“I thought that our defensive shape was very good in the first half. In the second half there was no shape. I thought we were poor on the ball, our passing lacked intensity and, our end product was not good enough.
“At half time we spoke about how we wanted to change a few things and how we wanted to get higher up the pitch, because we felt we could nick the ball there.
“It was also mentioned at half time that you can’t allow them any shots from 30-40 yards out from goal, especially with the wind, because they’ll score; but that’s exactly what we did two minutes after the restart.
“There were some really silly errors that cost us. If you don’t stick to your targets when you play against these teams, then you will be beaten.”[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH CITY
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here