Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool ROCKED as star midfielder reveals he wants to leave

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If he says that would strengthen the midfield. Obviously.

But I can't see it happening.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He is off then

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Is there even a source for that quote?

This liverpool fan site report from yesterday quotes him keen to return and try to break into the first team next season - http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.co...dreaming-of-liverpool-return-2015-2016-season.

Infact the quote in the OP contains almost exactly what is quoted at the link with the addition of the two lines about Brighton being an option.

It's quite possible the Liverpool site have cut those lines to put a positive Liverpool spin on the piece though.

It would be fantastic, he is one of our best players every game he plays, but we need to have an 'understanding' now - over to Tony

http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.co...dreaming-of-liverpool-return-2015-2016-season

(not the Argus - but Liverpool)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So lets guess who will nip in and take him from under our noses ... loads of clubs have previous ... I'll start with Reading

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
He needs to be happy, so we can live in hope - half full or half empty?

'When I came here the main thing was to play, improve my game and help the team. I've improved a lot, I'm a different player, more confident and I've got Championship experience. Right now things are great and I want to keep these levels until the end of the season. I feel stronger than the start of the season and I've been improving on my defensive side and I'm trying to improve every game.'

Adding that the best way to improve is by playing games and playing regularly and he feels he's doing an 'all right job' for us at the minute so he wants that to continue - especially with the wins we are picking up.

'I'm enjoying my time at Brighton a lot right now.'

With his contract at his parent club having a year left to run, the Portuguese under 21 international also wouldn't rule out a permanent move to the club if things don't work out for him at Liverpool - although he's honest enough to say he's obviously hoping it does work out for him.

'It's really difficult because Liverpool are a big club with great players, but you dream of playing Premier League football with Liverpool. I really want that and I'm going to work for it but you never know what's going to happen in the future. Of course I would see Brighton as an option, I like everything here. I like the city and it's really nice living here. The facilities are great, the training ground is new, the stadium is brilliant and the fans always fill the stadium so it's great.'
He goes on to say though that the only thing he can think about at the moment is the 'now' though and that means focusing on each upcoming game and ensuring he continues to improve, and do his best for us and we continue looking for more victories and three points to lift us further away from the relegation zone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If he becomes "available" in the summer, we should pull out all the stops to get him. Simple. He's absolute luxury and will his stock will only rise

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Didn't we feel the same about Lingard, last season?

Lingerd was a slight notch above shite but Tex has something else. We won't offer enough in either wages or a transfer fee and he will end up at Derby when they lose in the playoffs or maybe Leicester when they get relegated and have a few bob to spend. You know it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Get him in. Needs to sort out his away form tho but he is young!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Didn't we feel the same about Lingard, last season?

Lingered was a slight notch above shite but Tex has something else. We won't offer enough in either wages or a transfer fee and he will end up at Derby when they lose in the playoffs or maybe Leicester when they get relegated and have a few bob to spend. You know it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anfield is a dump, no wonder he wants out

Given the choice of Anfield or the Amex, for a young ambitious player it would be a no brainer. Let's hope they don't rate him enough for their first team squad next year, and we push the boat out to make a good offer - even another one year loan would be a great deal for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here