Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] team for tuesday night against derby

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
i was there yesterday and i thought we were really poor and there was no ugency in our play that there was against leeds

According to today's Times: 'It was never easy for the hosts and they needed goalkeeper Ben Amos, on loan from Manchester United, to produce a series of fine saves to preserve their lead.' so it doesn't sound as though we played that poorly.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ince doesn't even make the bench? Out of interest, what has he done so wrong to be dropped from the match squad in your opinion?

Ince will be very good player one day I am sure but I think he needs a break and Stevens is a very good player and along side Kayal I think will prove to be very solid and attacking midfield partnership however Ince must be on the bench to come on if required

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both Dunk and Greer have come in for criticism recently, and as we're not expecting to get much from Derby, maybe this is the time for Halford and Hughes to play. Up front, I was following the Bolton match on BBC text commentary, so not the best - but as far as I can remember there wasn't a mention of CMS having a shot at all, so I'd go with COG (we might need some hold-up play!) Bruno hasn't been so good lately, it seems, so with Calde at RB, I think it might be time to put Stephens to RM - he can always tuck in from there to help out Ince and Kayal. So my team would look like this:

...........................................Stockdale
.......Calde...............Halford...........Hughes..............Bennett
.................................Ince...............Kayal
..................Stephens
.............................................Tex...........................Baldock
..............................................COG

Bench: whoever's left!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ince will be very good player one day I am sure but I think he needs a break and Stevens is a very good player and along side Kayal I think will prove to be very solid and attacking midfield partnership however Ince must be on the bench to come on if required

Ince is one of our best players already, never mind 'one day'!, yes ok so he will improve even further as he gets older, but why on earth would you drop him, when he is probably playing his best football to date?

A strong contendender, (along with the also recently criticized, Lewis Dunk), for Player of the Season in my opinion.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
i was there yesterday and i thought we were really poor and there was no ugency in our play that there was against leeds

Agree yes we had no urgency, second best at times, although did not desetve to lose, bolton workman like, their keeper pulled off some good saves.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

Ince has been integral over the past number of games, grit and spirit. Why on earth would you drop him. Stephens really is not that good just to stroll back into the side. Yes ince is young, but he is one off our stewarts at present. He is able to hold his own, and certainly should not make way for Stephens.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Stockdale
Calderon Dunk Greer Bennett
Ince Kayal
Baldock Tex Lualua
O'Grady

Subs. Walton, Bruno, Hughes, Stephens, Holla, Caskey, CMS

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
--------------- Stockdale -----------------

Bruno --- Greer -- Hughes -- Bennett

---------- Ince ---------- Kayal ------------

Calderon ----- Tex ------------ LuaLua

---------------- O'grady ------------------

Mark24

Mar 1, 2010
Hove
Stockdale

Calderon......Greer......Dunk......Bennett

....................Ince...... Kayal

........Teixera................................LuaLua

.........................Baldock
..............................O'Grady

Have a go at them...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CMS upfront on his own has worked for the past 3 seasons, what makes you think it'll work on Tuesday?
That is only the formal line up in practice at home when attacking CMS and Baldock would form a 2 pronged attack with one feeding the other as happened at Bolton and was effective at Ipswich until SH took CMS off. They kept the Ipswich defence penned back in their own half which stiffled their attack. When CMS went off they attacked and scored 2 goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here