Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Dunk deserve a holiday

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
No. I say we hound him out of the team like JFC and then maybe out of the club like Barnes. After all it is the NSC way,
How many times are you allowed to let opposition strikers turn in the box and pop in a goal?...... Is there a quota?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How many times are you allowed to let opposition strikers turn in the box and pop in a goal?...... Is there a quota?

I guess this is the thing. He's been excellent this season and is rightly in a great position for Player of the Season, but in the last few games he developed the habit of not getting tight to his man and letting them turn (slowly) to get a shot away. I don't see how a 1 game break wouldn't do him a little bit of good.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No, the third goal was Ince

[yt]VJFiCCWcwkc[/yt]

....but it was Dunk who stepped to his left outside the line of the post and vacating the space where Novak then put the ball. Had he stood still or stepped forward there was no goal.

The lad is having a bad run. Time to rest IMO

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now I'm really confused.

The team has conceded 3 away goals since the Derby debacle nearly 3 months ago.
The team had 'moments' v Forest & Brum.
Stockdale was hammered for those performances and should have been kicked out of the club.

Now it's all Dunk's fault and he needs a holiday.

The sooner JFC is back in the team and we can have some fan unity, the better.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Dunky is good when he has a good player next to him.
Unfortunately, having Greer next to him doesn't do him any favours. Last season he was a lot better defender because he had Upson alongside.
Dunk and Greer both attempting to head a ball in the air on Tuesday was comical when they got in each others way.

Greer and Upson were statistically the best centre back pairing in the championship last season.

And Upson is a premier league England international..... Anyone would look better next to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here