Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hearts v Cowdenbeath

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
FA Cup 60-61

Bristol City 11 Chichester 0

the same season Brighton drew 3-3 with the current English champions of the time, Burnley

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Let's not forget the highest scoring game in British history when Arbroath beat Ben accord 36-0 in a Scottish cup match back in 1885.

But the world record goes to AS Adema who beat SO l'Emryne 149-0 in the Madagascar championship play offs. Abit farcical as the l'Emryne players scored 149own goals in protest at poor refereeing decisions against them during the play offs.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Quite. Cardiff City got to the 1968 European Cup-Winners' Cup semi-final in 1968 via that route, narrowly losing to Hamburg in the second leg.

yes,I think even Newport County reached the Q-F's one year,before narrowly losing out to a German side,I'm sure LB would know

to be fair to Swansea,the season you mentioned they did have a very good side,with a few ex-Liverpool players as I recall,Toshack,Joey Jones,Ray Kennedy

they finished 6th in the old div 1,only to face 2nd season syndrome and suffer successive relégations,indeed by 86-87 season Swansea were back in the old 4th division along with Wolves,how quickly things can change in football

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
yes,I think even Newport County reached the Q-F's one year,before narrowly losing out to a German side,I'm sure LB would know

to be fair to Swansea,the season you mentioned they did have a very good side,with a few ex-Liverpool players as I recall,Toshack,Joey Jones,Ray Kennedy

they finished 6th in the old div 1,only to face 2nd season syndrome and suffer successive relégations,indeed by 86-87 season Swansea were back in the old 4th division along with Wolves,how quickly things can change in football

Interesting you mention John Toshack. He was in the 1968 Cardiff side as well. It's probably fair to say he had a decent European career.

toshack-450265-727150.jpg

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Interesting you mention John Toshack. He was in the 1968 Cardiff side as well. It's probably fair to say he had a decent European career.

toshack-450265-727150.jpg

now that's a proper football shirt!

mind you,he is wearing a watch,might just actually be his own shirt:lol:

I didn't know that :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They beat some Norwegian team 11-0 in the old Cup Winners Cup. I think it was after the Newcastle Cup Final, which would make it 1974?

I hear you, but I have a hunch that HKFC is referring to another game. It's one thing losing 11-0 to Liverpool if you're a bunch of Norwegian postmen & farmers, but imagine if you were, say, a fellow top flight side and you conceded 9 [nine] to Liverpool in a League game? That would be proper embarrassing. I believe it did happen. If only I could recall who it was...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I hear you, but I have a hunch that HKFC is referring to another game. It's one thing losing 11-0 to Liverpool if you're a bunch of Norwegian postmen & farmers, but imagine if you were, say, a fellow top flight side and you conceded 9 [nine] to Liverpool in a League game? That would be proper embarrassing. I believe it did happen. If only I could recall who it was...

Shirley not, no professional team would allow that to happen, would they ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Newport drew in Jena 2 2 and lost the home leg 1 0 .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My seven-year-old likes looking at the results and tables page in the newspaper. Once upon a time, he referred to 'Cowden-breath'.
Kids often do comedy for free.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Newport drew in Jena 2 2 and lost the home leg 1 0 .

that's it,had a 3-3 draw in my head for some reason,they were called Carl ....... Jena from East Germany

couldn't get Karl Heinz Rumminiger out of my head when trying to think of the name:lol:

must of been back in the John Aldridge & Tommy Tynan days

I remember them nearly getting promoted to the old div 2,I think they blew it at the expense of Cardiff of all teams

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here