Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person who thinks doing the ring of fire is unoriginal AND annoying?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I commend anything that brings any semblance of an/some atmosphere these days so I think it's good.

One of our party of seven gets the right hump when it starts as he had no idea why or what it is - yes he's sometimes generally miserable.

You can't please everyone.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
......or Match of the Day

Try singing this to the tune of MOTD

I said **** off you ****ing wanker
**** off you ****ing ****
**** off you ****ing wanker
And **** off you ****ing ****.

(C) Viz top tips.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Try singing this to the tune of MOTD

And **** off you ****ing ****.

(C) Kanye West at the Brits.

Corrected that for you [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It should be subg more. ....and we should have a man with a guitar singing it....maybe with a band and a band stand......and cheerleaders. ......and maybe jugglers. .........and/or a magician.....and maybe karaoke in the concourses. ......and thry should show things on the big screens.,so we dont have to watch the game ..and they should stop those yutr hooooligans from coming near the ground along with anyone else yhat feels the need to try and create an "atmosphere".....its ridiculous I dont go to the AMEX for football (not surr who even plays there) or atmosphere I purely go for the experience

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
All grumbling didn't go to Fulham.

Played a big part in turning round the mood of our season.

End of.

PG

Spot on PG.

We were at the lowest ebb, our form at Fulham wasn't great & it was freezing. BUT all who went were incredible that night. Singing from Putney Station onwards, players said they could hear us before KO in the changing room & we didn't stop all game.

No anal killjoys tutting about negative crap, just shear carefree & gloriously dynamic support for the lads.

Ring of Fire was fun, easy to join in & brilliantly infectious with 5 minute long renditions accompanied by the bouncing and banging on the back of the stand. :albion2:

Perhaps we should all sit on our hands though and only sing GOSBTS, as everything else is unoriginal? :nono:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
What is the obsession some people have with dampening any kind of atmosphere or noise? You do not seem to be able to do anything without people saying they cringe, find it embarrassing or that it is tinpot, ironically these are the same people that complain about atmosphere.

Every single chant, banner or scarf wave now has a succession of people claiming that they find it embarrassing. Very odd.

Well said. Get a life & bore off spring to mind when it comes to criticism of support. Let's not just bother then eh? That'll really help won't it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What is the obsession some people have with dampening any kind of atmosphere or noise? You do not seem to be able to do anything without people saying they cringe, find it embarrassing or that it is tinpot, ironically these are the same people that complain about atmosphere.

Every single chant, banner or scarf wave now has a succession of people claiming that they find it embarrassing. Very odd.

We are READING, super READING, we are READING from the South...

Might as well be. Where's the self-respect? Sake! :rolleyes:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Maybe some just envy those that enjoy themselves and get behind the team........just moaners really. Sad innit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't say it annoys me. I have very little knowledge of what other clubs sing, so have no idea about its originality.

But I don't think it's this amazing spectacle, or cool thing that it feels some fans think it is, and that may be because the it feels to me that the club have jumped on it too soon. There are songs that are cool for a game or two, but die out. There are songs that stick and become intrinsically linked with the club. The club shouldn't get involved until these chants evolve into the latter, imo. The club giving out free scarves and playing some cheesy disco mix of ring of fire to encourage it just makes it too new corporate football for me to accept as the cool spectacle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here