Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Friday night drinking thread

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having only just managed to spot Bozza (on account of him being so slender now) on Saturday evening and listening to his tale of steely determination to cut back on the booze, albeit delivered through the mists of a cider induced alcoholic haze, I have determined to cut back massively on my alcohol intake too. I havent touched a drop since Saturday, although in fairness I had enough on Saturday to aggregate out a fairly hefty consumption level over the following days!!!

There is a certain sense of irony about Bozza metamorphosising into some sort of visionary alcohol counselling guru whilst he was simultaneously knocking back considerable quantities of cider and gin :lolol:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've found that having a baby has mostly curtailed my drinking.

I used to be the pub doing 5-6 pints 3 times a week, a skinful at the football Saturday and then if I woke up relatively ok I'd be back up the pub on Sunday lunchtime for a roast and a few more watching the days footie.

Now I only really drink at the football, maybe have a few cans on a Tuesday evening for example but not enough for a hangover.

The missus has gone to Cardiff for the weekend with her sister so I'm on my own with our daughter for only the second time in 6 months and I've managed to get a grand total of one bottle of Westons down my gob. Now it's bedtime!!!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I've found that the only thing curtailing my drinking is nothing.

Consistent Friday night red wine abuse.

Saturday morning foggy walks to the train station are becoming the predictable roller-coaster commencement to my weekends.

Horwich rhymes with 'porridge' (nearly), right?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I would have a couple at home each night and half a bottle of wine. Managed to cut out the midweek drinking and it's just Friday, Sat and Sunday. Don't miss it at all and enjoy my Friday night drink even more now. Feel a lot better in the mornings with a lot more energy. So tonight it has been a Hobgoblin Gold, a Tesco Simply IPA and a Proper Job just to ease me into the weekend

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Have cut down significantly this year. Felt myself slipping into old habits by drinking 12 out of 14 days recently - on 4 of those reasonably heavily. I hadn't noticed, it was only when I sat down and counted that I realised it looked bad. Decided to reapply a bit of abstinence, and haven't really noticed any difference.

Will probably only have a beer every now and then going forward, and save a booze up for landmark occasions.

I have noticed I eat less and run a bit further than I used to.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
A few Longmen & Bishop's Fingers last night have made me a bit sore this morning.

What?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Three pints of Harvey's and no feelings of remorse, where have I gone wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here