Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're an adult, cross the road on your own.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I though it was just me who thought this, every day a see grown men walk up to pedestrian crossing and push the button without even look to see what the traffic situation is.
They need to man up, wouldn't dream of pressing the button to cross a road. Understand children, elderly and mothers with children, but grown men is disgraceful.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I though it was just me who thought this, every day a see grown men walk up to pedestrian crossing and push the button without even look to see what the traffic situation is.
They need to man up, wouldn't dream of pressing the button to cross a road. Understand children, elderly and mothers with children, but grown men is disgraceful.

image.jpg

What about those crossings where vehicles are ONLY brought to a halt by a pedestrian pushing a button?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I get some copper in Ziskov stopping me after nipping across the road before the lights had changed. He was trying to issue me with a ticket I think but I told him I had no money on me and he would have to come back to the hotel if he wanted it. Now it was all sounding dodgy at this point....... So he left it.......I think maybe he was after a bung.....are they like that over there Dave ?

Very much so, city police are badly paid. Most misdemenours you can pay them off. I live in Zizkov :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What about those crossings where vehicles are ONLY brought to a halt by a pedestrian pushing a button?

Wait for the traffic to clear.
But i get your point.
Its places that are so so built up and you see them walking along the road to the crossing and the first thing they do is press the button, without looking at what traffic there is, and even more annoying is after pressing the button and looking up to see no traffic they then walk across and are away and gone by the time the lights go red leaving approaching traffic at a standstill for no reason.
There should be penalties for people like this under inappropriate use of a crossing.
(along with walking on the cracks in the pavement)

Last edited:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
What annoys me is when they help 1 person cross when there are clearly 4/5 more 10 seconds up the road, why can't they wait until they get enough people then cross rather than constantly crossing and holding up traffic

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Couldn't agree more - my biggest pet hate (of many!) is people who can't cross the frigging road properly!! :wrong:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Very much so, city police are badly paid. Most misdemenours you can pay them off. I live in Zizkov :)

Their football teams club bar is the cheapest I have ever been in. Pictures of a win of Glasgow Rangers when I was in there all over their walls. Tiny little place. I liked it round there.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Their football teams club bar is the cheapest I have ever been in. Pictures of a win of Glasgow Rangers when I was in there all over their walls. Tiny little place. I liked it round there.

In the years ive been here, ive lived in Zizkov. Tried across the river for a year and hated it. Zizkov has a vibe :)
I used to live opposite the stadium in Husinecka.....about a 100 yards from main gate, and still rarely made the matches unless they were evening matches. Who starts football matchs at 10:15 am on Sunday mornings in a country where beer really is cheaper than water??

Apparently i know these people, but i dont really recognize them. i do use the bar (Chocobamba) in the video though. Tune is tribute to the area apparently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hs...outube.com/watch?v=_hsknOBkgrg&has_verified=1

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On Friday I nearly knocked over a young child who was running down a hill and straight out across the road in front of me. Mother pretended I wasn't there and ignored me. Had I hit the child in my large lorry he would have gone under the tyre. Good brakes and fast reaction saved him (no I was NOT speeding). I should have got out and given the Mother a good talking too. Then later in the day a woman walked straight out against a red pedestrian light, again into oncoming traffic, namely me in big lorry. I gave her a stern shouting from my cab in front of around 20 others waiting to cross but again she walked off as though I was the scum of the earth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here