Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your most enjoyable part of a match day - excluding the match?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bit soppy maybe but best part of match day is having a drink and a laugh with my dad.

I was going to say something similar, but the other way round. I love spending a few hours with my son, just the two of us. I've been taking him since he was 7 - that's ten years now - and I love it. I consider it a badge of honour that he still chooses to come with me instead of with his mates (unless it's an away game!).

Not long now and it'll be pre-match pints too!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The walk to the ground with my son. Pretty much the only 'quality time' we get. He spends the rest of his time attached to his PS4.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Having a day out with my sons, or if they can't make it friends of my choice, also having a pie, drink and a sing song and of course the banter.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
In town, beers & a bite with good friends. You just can't beat match day. Tuesday vs Leeds was just top quality; post match in Dicks too.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Getting back home to a Sainsburys indian meal for two lovingly prepared by the girlfriend followed by a few cans of Orangeboom 8.5% lunatic soup followed by the Football league show if we've won and /or a bit of pissed " in and out" if . I flippin love going to the footie!

Bit soppy maybe but best part of match day is having a drink and a laugh with my dad.

Another vote for "not at all", for me it is Youngest Potting's growing excitement as gameday approaches, this starts with the "would you like to go and see the Albion play (insert team here)" conversation. That well known Law means that a lot of the remaining home games clash with other things (2 whilst in Scotland FFS) and at the moment it is likely that v Watford in April will be our next trip down.

Thinking of throwing caution to the wind and doing an evening game on a school night - I keep getting asked when we are going to see one as she experienced the thrill of a game under lights with the Hull cup tie last season - fortunately fell during half term.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex

Another vote for not at all soppy. I guess most of us started going with our dads, and it's our job to hand on the tradition to our kids. I'm now one of the dads who goes to the Amexwith his daughter, but every time I'm there still wish my dad could have seen it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here