Votes: 85 35.6%

Votes: 107 44.8%

Votes: 19 7.9%

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The first human manager we've had in years. Poyet was a borderline egomaniac sociopath, what Oscar was I'm not quite sure and the same goes for Hyppia. Hughton is just a down to earth normal bloke, who just happens to be British and we're happy to have him.

7/10

I gave an 8 and look at it your way too. Whatever may be said, TB does invest in players and the squad and with CH being an above average manager I would expect play off contention next season if we can stay up this. However much will depend on whether we can actually recruit a quality striker. That is not easy and will be a key

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
8/10

Genius putting Calde in midfield with positioning in the 6 yard box. A decision that has literally won the last 2 games for us. Hyypia would never have thought of that.

Also, Kayal, immense signing, obvs. Marked down for Best.

Exactly this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No they didn't, but then Colunga and McCourt have gone, neither Holla or JFC are playing. Gardner's loan wasn't renewed.

Has cast adrift a few in a short period of time if you ask me.....
Last nights starting 11 still had 9 season long first team regulars.

But I take your point that there is no comparison between Kayal and anyone he's replaced.
Although he is only one player in a team sport.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Last nights starting 11 still had 9 season long first team regulars.

But I take your point that there is no comparison between Kayal and anyone he's replaced.
Although he is only one player in a team sport.

Fair enough, but my original post stated squad rather than team, so I still think he has acted quickly, getting rid of players who didn't figure in his plans.

How good is Kayal? Don't want to go over the top but although a slightly different style of player, already prefer him over Bridcutt.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
8 from me. tempted to go higher.

But after last night I actually felt we might have turned a corner.
CH's tactics beat Leeds, although it did obviously need the players to do the job, which he has obviously had an effect on as well.
But whereas two months ago I would have thought we would not have a hope in hell against Derby, I would now be confident that we could at least give a good account of ourselves and at best, win.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've given him a handsome and appreciative 8. Quite a bit to do to become enough of a side to really turn things around, but Hughton is an intelligent man and manager, knowing well not to overturn our style and identity whilst delivering a clear soundmindedness that a man of his experience innately delivers. We lacked leaders on the field, so needed one in the dugout, and that's what we have. I'm pleased and look forward to the summer months if we bag a few more victories and keep our place in this competitive league.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
7 from me. Lots of pluses, couple of negatives.

Pretty sure he'll keep us up, which is all that matters this season.

Looking forward to him having a pre season with a squad he's assembled himself.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just a 6 as his only objective is to avoid relegation which to be fair, if you had any managerial skills, is not that hard - just play players in their favoured position.

The real work starts in the Summer building a new team and what happens next season hovever given Kayal it looks very promising.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Organised the team. Pragmatic against Cardiff and Wednesday, thoughtful selection against Leeds. I'd be surprised if we go down now (we were doomed with Hyypia). Bought a gem in Kayal and loaned a dud (so far) in Best.

I think we'd be in a much better position if he'd have been here from the start of the season, and I'm pretty positive that next season will be an improvement if he sticks around long enough to build his own team.

Probably 7/10

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'll go 8 purely because the direction of travel seems to be the right one.

I'm getting positively excited at the prospect of our actually having a nice normal pre-season this year. You know? With a manager and everything?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
11 games this year. We've got decent results in all of them except these four:

Forest at home - bitterly unlucky
Arsenal at home - never really in it, but it was Arsenal
Brentford at home - deserved a draw
which leaves Blackpool as the one truly shithouse result/performance combination

Consequently, anything under a 7 would appear harsh given what had gone before.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A good 8 from me. Birmingham and Leeds are a good barometer of the Championship, both average sides and we dominated in both games, so we look like a top half side now.

Derby will be a big test, but Hughton has got the confidence and belief back in the side so I expect to give them a good run for their money. Just over two months ago we were light years away from this form. A couple more wins and we can then start the pre-pre-season, maybe take a look at one or two of the kids.

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Eight.

I am very impressed with what I am seeing. He has come in, made an assessment of what needs to be done, has got on with doing it and is now producing a real change of style and play. From what I hear he is popular within the club, and is clearly articulate, approachable and straightforward. He also knows the Championship inside out. As is said above, the real test is Derby at home to see if progress has been made to any substantial degree.

The only downside for me is Leon Best who looks poor. I cannot work out how he has scored 10 Premiership goals. Indeed, I cannot work out how he has scored any goals.

EW

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I gave an 8, but are we starting to see the impact of another Hughton signing in Colin Calderwood. We lost the first game 3 days after he joined but are four undefeated since then. Long term managers and assistants understand how each other works and this pair were a team at Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
TEN.

He's taken a squad good enough for the top ten at least, but on a one way trip to League One after the last Lemon, and turned us into a top 6 side.

I was never expecting us to win every game, but we have hammered the last two sides. Birmingham were only in touching distance because of individual errors, and how Leeds never had 6 put past them, I'll never know.

Thank **** Tony Bloom has finally seen sense and dropped the foreign manager crap!

I think Hughton will be here for years to come. I don't expect us to win every game, but I think we will finish 10th, 11th or 12th this season now. Roll on August!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here