Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meet The UKIPPERS Sunday Night BBC2

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not so sure it is just UKIP getting bad press, that's just a spin Farage has put on it to bolster the underdog image he's desperately trying to create. Cameron, clegg and milliband all get slated for their failings just as much, they're just not stupid enough to let a program like last night's be made about them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe the real question is how did the likes of Gallloway remain under the radar for so long? A lack of unbiased journalism?

Under the radar? Are you having a laugh? Gorgeous George always seems to be on the box. I can't think of a single MP who gets a level of media attention so disproportionate to his status

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I rather felt for the press officer lady. How exactly do you deal with morons like that. The fact the councillor couldn't grasp that what she was saying was racist would be unbelievable if i hadn't seen similar on here so many times. And the local chairman and his I was only in the NF for a year bit reminded me of the old joke with the punchline "but you **** one goat".

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Under the radar? Are you having a laugh? Gorgeous George always seems to be on the box. I can't think of a single MP who gets a level of media attention so disproportionate to his status

I'm talking about back then before he was sacked not now.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They are in the running to run the country how can other policies be immaterial? What happens if they get in and we're stuck with a ridiculous economic policy or a completely out of touch education policy? Does it suddenly not matter just because UKIP distrust Johnny Foreigner?

im sorry,you lost me when you considered UKIP could get in power.

the best they can hope for is part of a coalition,their only bargaining chip and only serious policy would be to have a referendum by july 2015,they have already stated this as a political ambition should the coalition become an option,

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not so sure it is just UKIP getting bad press, that's just a spin Farage has put on it to bolster the underdog image he's desperately trying to create. Cameron, clegg and milliband all get slated for their failings just as much, they're just not stupid enough to let a program like last night's be made about them.

i wish they would bring back spitting image.....give them al a hard time equally

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
im sorry,you lost me when you considered UKIP could get in power.

the best they can hope for is part of a coalition,their only bargaining chip and only serious policy would be to have a referendum by july 2015,they have already stated this as a political ambition should the coalition become an option,

I don't perceive it to be a possibility (I'm sure those who vote UKIP may do to some degree otherwise why would they vote?) but at the same time that's what people are fundamentally voting for. To do so with no regard to other policies that effect day to day living is short sighted to say the least.

I agree re: their ambition to form a coalition but my exasperation is not so much with the party itself but those who vote for them and actually want them to run the country.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Having watched the "First 100 days of UKIP" I watched last night's programme with interest. Key points:

1. Their inexperience from top to bottom is worrying. They are people who would struggle to operate at district council level suddenly elevated to national politics. The Deputy Chairman Trevor Shonk, the press officer who resigned and Roseanne were all woefully out of their depth. The Party Deputy Chairman on QT 11 days ago was also woeful, comparing Hitler's takeover of Europe with the EU's keenness to assimilate Ukraine that - according to her - isn't even IN Europe!"

2. There's a lack of a unified party position on key issues, so many candidates simply don't know how they should reply to basic policy questions.

3. It is clear to see why they are keen to get councillors and MPs to defect to UKIP - these defectors are the only ones who know how the political process works.

4. Surely being a former member of the National Front should be enough to stop someone from becoming Chairman of the constituency party in a parliamentary seat, least of all in Farage's own constituency?!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't perceive it to be a possibility (I'm sure those who vote UKIP may do to some degree otherwise why would they vote?) but at the same time that's what people are fundamentally voting for. To do so with no regard to other policies that effect day to day living is short sighted to say the least.

I agree re: their ambition to form a coalition but my exasperation is not so much with the party itself but those who vote for them and actually want them to run the country.

But those of us considering voting for UKIP ( and I have done so in the past ) don't believe there is any likelihood of UKIP winning overall - it's highly improbable they will even hold the balance of power. No, I'm considering voting for them based on their almost single policy of getting out of the EU. I don't trust the Tories to do it without constant pressure on their vote from UKIP. Personally I don't think they would have even considered holding a referendum if it wasn't for the fear of UKIP.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
2. There's a lack of a unified party position on key issues, so many candidates simply don't know how they should reply to basic policy questions.

I referred to this in an earlier post: Farage brushes this criticism off but a party that's 22 years old and that has fought four general elections should have many clear policies.

They don't even have a set of guidelines on their main issue - the EU. And for a single issue party to be unclear about that single issue is really unforgivable

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i wish they would bring back spitting image.....give them al a hard time equally

even though it was identical timing it could be argued that dull politics started as soon as it went off air, rather than new labour coming to power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here