Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meet The UKIPPERS Sunday Night BBC2

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nigel Farage is a self-declared Crystal Palace supporter.

That alone should discourage any of you from voting for him (without even thinking about his policies).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Look harder.,

tbf, not recently, theres been so much racist/islamic stuff, none started by me, that its hard not to join in. :)
I'm using Tapatalk as at work and it didn't throw up anything. However I presume from your answer that you are an Albion fan, so good on you!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm using Tapatalk as at work and it didn't throw up anything. However I presume from your answer that you are an Albion fan, so good on you!

Very much so. Since 1963. Since living abroad, I get a lot of my info here. I dont contribute much on the team talks, as I dont play Football Manager :) But, can honestly report, I read each Brighton football related thread.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its actually starting to improve here....snowed only once this winter, and it cleared up the same day..a success as far as im concerned. In fact the weather has been a lot better here, than in the UK apparently.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A bloke I went to college with (a sometime Labour Party activist) moved to Brighton shortly after I did. He slowly started going mad. Making up conversations he'd supposedly overheard that he couldn't possibly have. Deciding that his workmates were all plotting against him. It escalated to the point where he wouldn't leave his bedsit unless he was wearing his homemade body armour (lots of 2p pieces sandwiched between duct tape). He also took to carrying a concealed knife. By this stage he had decided that the government knew he knew some 'secrets' that he wouldn't disclose, and they had hired most of the population of Brighton and Hove to track his every movement. There was also a team of armed ninjas hiding in the trees and following him down the street, hiding every time he turned to look at them.This escalated further to the point where he would flash his knife at me and his other mates down the pub, asking us through gritted teeth if we were involved, what were we telling 'Them' about him. We ended up backing away from him, not bothering to text him when we were going for a pint, telling him whenever we did see him that he should talk to his doctor about this conspiracy - eg "it must be very stressful having all these people after you, maybe your doctor can give you something for the stress?" It was quite clear to us that our former friend had become a paranoid shizophrenic, a potential danger to himself, us and pretty much everyone he came into contact with.

We were all very relieved when he left Brighton (about 15 years ago) and moved back to London.

Once every couple of years I Google his name, hoping to find some info to suggest that (a) he is still alive and has 'gotten better', rather than (b) finding some tragic news story involving him. Nothing ever came up until last year, when I found an online newspaper page listing someone with the same (unusual) name as him having just come within a few dozen votes of being elected to a council seat in Essex. I clicked a few links, found a photo, it was definitely him. I found his Twitter page and could instantly see he was still unwell - every other post saying that the BBC had a vendetta against him and had been spending millions of pounds of licence fee money over a period of decades trying to ruin his life. (NB I've found no evidence of the BBC ever having mentioned him re anything at all. I doubt anyone at the BBC knows he exists.) Again, classic paranoid schizophrenia. The party he stood for in that council election, that he is heavily involved with in his local area, is - as you've no doubt guessed from me posting this here - UKIP.

And that's when I suddenly understood what drives UKIP. Not all of them, but certainly a lot of their activists, a lot of their supporters. There is a delusion, a clinical paranoia, at the heart of their beliefs. A fear that immigrants are 'swamping' them; are after their jobs, their homes, their families. An overwhelming conspiracy that some hugely powerful organisation (the EU) is interfering in every aspect of their life, is following them down the street, is to blame for everything; from a ban on smoking in maternity wards, to a fruit machine not paying out, to the chippy running out of pickled onions... it's all the fault of those *******s at the EU who have it in for them.

That's why I fear UKIP, not for what they realistically could do today - even the high water mark of their opinion poll support would only translate (under the current UK voting system) into half a dozen seats in Cornwall and the Scottish Highlands - but what they could do in the future. If they can build on that support, if their 'madness' continues to grow unfettered. I'm worried that if UKIP ever did actually reach the level where they could come to power, they'd quite possibly plunge the whole word into economic turmoil or maybe nuclear armageddon, just 'cause they thought the President of France was talking to the King of Jordan behind their backs or something.

UKIP are that former friend flashing a knife and accusing us of being part of some huge conspiracy against them.

UKIP don't need their 'message' to be on 30 foot high billboards, further feeding that paranoia, that delusion.

What UKIP need to do is talk to their doctor.

and the name of the bloke that was trying to get elected is??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Once every couple of years I Google his name, hoping to find some info to suggest that (a) he is still alive and has 'gotten better', rather than (b) finding some tragic news story involving him. Nothing ever came up until last year, when I found an online newspaper page listing someone with the same (unusual) name as him having just come within a few dozen votes of being elected to a council seat in Essex.

Please tell me your nutter friend was standing for Barking...

D

Deleted member 22389

UKIP is not everyones cup of tea, however they are and have never been the real problem. UKIP are a product of all the main political parties put together, their decisions and a complete failure to listen to the people. People from all political parties will vote and support UKIP at the next general election. The media hunt will continue on UKIP and take things completely out of context, people will continue protesting with their silly boards wherever they go, but really it doesn't make any sense. There are much bigger problems in this country than UKIP.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nigel Farage is a self-declared Crystal Palace supporter.

That alone should discourage any of you from voting for him (without even thinking about his policies).

You have to admire his courage in "coming out" as a Palace fan during these Nigelphobic times :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here