Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Liverpool sell us Teixeira in the summer?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
All players are effectively on loan nowadays. Some just less so than others.

I got arithmetic wrong. I think £2 million only would enable Liverpool to cut their losses. That is more about his value. The gamble would be that he continued improving as his technique at shooting could get better.

I would like to think Lualua could play the Tex role and I have done for two seasons or more. Maybe there is something about native intelligence and vision that can't be learned. Lualua has got the greater pace and better on his weak foot.

Next match up at home is Derby and they have Will Hughes who (from reports) seems to be outstanding as well.

Funny we were discussing last night how Tex makes you realise what a limited footballer KLL is. Opinions eh!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I got arithmetic wrong. I think £2 million only would enable Liverpool to cut their losses. That is more about his value. The gamble would be that he continued improving as his technique at shooting could get better.

I would like to think Lualua could play the Tex role and I have done for two seasons or more. Maybe there is something about native intelligence and vision that can't be learned. Lualua has got the greater pace and better on his weak foot.

Next match up at home is Derby and they have Will Hughes who (from reports) seems to be outstanding as well.

By playing him in the middle Kaz has been playing the Tex role this season, but not as effectively as the rejuvenated Tex MKII. The most impressive thing about Tex and Kayal last night was their refusal to go down unless they really had to, a quality Kaz seems to not have. Kaz is much better glued to the wing and then cutting inside near the box.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
By playing him in the middle Kaz has been playing the Tex role this season, but not as effectively as the rejuvenated Tex MKII. The most impressive thing about Tex and Kayal last night was their refusal to go down unless they really had to, a quality Kaz seems to not have. Kaz is much better glued to the wing and then cutting inside near the box.

And when they did go down they were still able to play a pass or win the ball with their backside on the floor

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/142352 Tex has a better record in the middle.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kazenga

Kaz has a slightly better record starting the matches this season.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33968/Show/Kazenga-Lua-Lua

My view is that Kaz can play on the left or in the centre just as well. Now that Tex is occupying the central role, it seems more sense to operate Lualua out wider.

I really like Kaz in the centre because he is player with a change of direction, two-footed (more so than Tex), a fiercer shot with his right and can shoot with his left. Add a bit extra vision (instead of head down) and Lualua would be the better, certainly more exciting, of the two. Kaz is faster both in acceleration and sprint speed of the two. And he is ours. And Kaz has a faster recovery speed when he loses the ball (more often as Tex has improved his ball retention in the last two games).

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing

According to a Liverpool "news" (fan made I think) account in Twitter last night, Tex is out of contract in the summer- not sure how true that is.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
According to a Liverpool "news" (fan made I think) account in Twitter last night, Tex is out of contract in the summer- not sure how true that is.

I saw that elsewhere. It might be out of date, of course.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

My view is that Kaz can play on the left or in the centre just as well. Now that Tex is occupying the central role, it seems more sense to operate Lualua out wider.

I really like Kaz in the centre because he is player with a change of direction, two-footed (more so than Tex), a fiercer shot with his right and can shoot with his left. Add a bit extra vision (instead of head down) and Lualua would be the better, certainly more exciting, of the two. Kaz is faster both in acceleration and sprint speed of the two. And he is ours. And Kaz has a faster recovery speed when he loses the ball (more often as Tex has improved his ball retention in the last two games).

Clueless:moo:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

It is all about opinions but I have to say Tex is at least a level above Kaz . Kaz can play in the middle but tex has better vision and is more flowing when running with the ball.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Lets face it,if we were going to get him on loan and hadn't seen him play, then saw this,we would be creaming ourselves.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
It is all about opinions but I have to say Tex is at least a level above Kaz . Kaz can play in the middle but tex has better vision and is more flowing when running with the ball.

I think in time Tex could be a match for Vicente ,hence he wont stay with us ,hope im wrong though !!!!:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think in time Tex could be a match for Vicente ,hence he wont stay with us ,hope im wrong though !!!!:)
Woa there horsey, one step at a time. He's got a long way to go to be a Vicente (I don't mean how Vicente was for us, but for his career).

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Lets face it,if we were going to get him on loan and hadn't seen him play, then saw this,we would be creaming ourselves.

I've just seen that and let's face it, I have.... :blush:

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I'm a big fan of KLL but anyone who thinks he is close to or on a par with Tex is wrong (IMO of course!)

Tex just 'glides' across a pitch and has the touch of a genius. His football brain is very clear to see and he reminds me a lot of Coutinho at Liverpool. If he continues his development at the rate shown this season he will be in the Liverpool 1st team within 2 years.

We should all enjoy seeing him play for us while we can!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He did an interview on Radio Sussex this morning, and has another year left with Liverpool.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he plays well v Derby on Tuesday, they'll no doubt get him on loan next year.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's already better than the championship. There's no way we'll retain his services unless Rodgers gives us up to Christmas. I expect him to train with Liverpool pre-season, and he'll stay there with a nice new contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here