Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel subsidy [NOT] being scrapped for next season?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I hope this announcement is not going to interfere with tonight's viewing of Countryfile.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not irrelevant - he complains that he has to subsidise other people traveling to the football because he doesn't need the 'free' transport from the club. Yet his, and your, OAP bus pass is paid for by the taxpayer - many of whom don't use the buses or need to.

OAPs pay income tax too, so are taxpayers.

Crazy thought I know, but maybe - just MAYBE - folks could pay their own way to the leisure pursuit of their choosing :shrug:

So how long do you reckon it would take you to queue for a ticket, get through the barriers, and catch a train (just four two carriages an hour) to get to the match? Then work it out for returning home again.
No EXTRA trains, no EXTRA buses, no subsidised Seagulls travel, which are all paid for out of the transport levy.
There were enough complaints when we had an evening match and all the trains were just two carriages due to something that had happened during the day, so that rolling stock was in the wrong place.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I haven't read the whole thread so someone may have already said the same thing but I would imagine if the subsidy goes (and there is a resultant reduction in ticket prices) there will be travel season tickets available for your chosen method of transport (P&R, train, bus etc) so those who need it can continue with little hassle or cost increase. Those that use P&R less regularly will I imagine need tickets in advance rather than faffing about with cash.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In same item it says concourse prices to stay the same as the club will no longer have admin costs associated with ecash.

I liked the bit about having more than £10 left in credit on the card after the service is no longer available and a refund will then be made with a CHEQUE :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The club would argue that the new bike lanes, cycle sheds, lighting, security etc for cyclists have been paid for by the subsidy.

The club wouldn't be arguing with me, I know all about their investment and I thoroughly appreciate it. But they've BEEN paid for, past tense. The subsidy is ongoing each year, so it is costing (present tense) them money. Are there any ongoing costs to the club for any of the infrastructure already paid for? I genuinely don't know, but we do know the travel subsidy for the buses and trains costs more than a million each year, and that's significant to say the least.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the travel subsidy is removed we'll never see an overhead monorail service between Brighton and Falmer.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
2015/16 Season Ticket Benefits

Prices frozen
New under-21 price
Lowest prices guaranteed with up to 30% saving compared with matchday prices
FAQs

Click here to download a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Season Ticket Renewals, Seat Moves and more.
Prices

Adults: from £465.00
65+ and Under 21: from £315.00
Under 18: from £125.00
Under 10: from £70.00

ASIDE FROM THE price freeze, the club has also introduced a new under-21 price for fans in the 18-to-20 age bracket, while the transport levy has also been frozen.

“We have listened and evaluated feedback on this issue and now this group will benefit from a 30% reduction on adult prices.

As a further boost to Albion supporters, the club are currently negotiating with Southern Trains, and expect to extend the existing subsidised travel zone.

Meanwhile the club has also confirmed catering prices will be frozen, ecash will be phased out ahead of next season in favour of new contactless technology, and the cashback scheme will be replaced by new matchday catering offers.

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/ST1516_pricing.pdf

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does the extended travel area go all the way up to Donny ? Many Brighton fans living up north would benefit from this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This 'spongy' bloke needs to get his facts straight!

There could be an element of truth in what he was told , perhaps the trains wont be stopping at Burgess Hill in the future as the the train company wants to improve on timetable reliability between Brighton and London :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here