Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel subsidy [NOT] being scrapped for next season?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I would expect the (possible) expansion to just be a matching of the train and bus area in the west, considering they only mention Southern.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Next time I have a conversation with someone I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

To be fair to me. I asked a question as to whether other people had heard a thing similar and it's the other contributors a that have taken this nugget and turned it into a binfest.:blush:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
To be fair to the OP, it does indeed specify "As a further boost to Albion supporters, the club are currently negotiating with Southern Trains, and expect to extend the existing subsidised travel zone"

Feb 14, 2010
2015/16 Season Ticket Benefits

Prices frozen
New under-21 price
Lowest prices guaranteed with up to 30% saving compared with matchday prices
FAQs

Click here to download a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Season Ticket Renewals, Seat Moves and more.
Prices

Adults: from £465.00
65+ and Under 21: from £315.00
Under 18: from £125.00
Under 10: from £70.00

ASIDE FROM THE price freeze, the club has also introduced a new under-21 price for fans in the 18-to-20 age bracket, while the transport levy has also been frozen.

“We have listened and evaluated feedback on this issue and now this group will benefit from a 30% reduction on adult prices.

As a further boost to Albion supporters, the club are currently negotiating with Southern Trains, and expect to extend the existing subsidised travel zone.

Meanwhile the club has also confirmed catering prices will be frozen, ecash will be phased out ahead of next season in favour of new contactless technology, and the cashback scheme will be replaced by new matchday catering offers.

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/ST1516_pricing.pdf

All sounds good. We have everything at Brighton, great fan as a chairman, a chief exec who knows how to run a good financial ship, a fantastic local supporter base, we have everything... except a squad of players who know how to kick a football about.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unbelievable. 15 pages from nothing other than a conversation with a ticket inspector talking bollocks about an email that it'd have made no sense for him to have received at this time. NSC really does excel sometimes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Next time I have a conversation with someone I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

To be fair to me. I asked a question as to whether other people had heard a thing similar and it's the other contributors a that have taken this nugget and turned it into a binfest.:blush:

I don't think I ever doubted what happened, but what I don't get is just why either your fat ex-goalie snippy mate, or one of his colleagues would make up such a pointless story, seriously, just why on earth would someone make something like that up?

You really shouldn't have identified him though.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
2015/16 Season Ticket Benefits

Prices frozen
New under-21 price
Lowest prices guaranteed with up to 30% saving compared with matchday prices
FAQs

Click here to download a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Season Ticket Renewals, Seat Moves and more.
Prices

Adults: from £465.00
65+ and Under 21: from £315.00
Under 18: from £125.00
Under 10: from £70.00

ASIDE FROM THE price freeze, the club has also introduced a new under-21 price for fans in the 18-to-20 age bracket, while the transport levy has also been frozen.

“We have listened and evaluated feedback on this issue and now this group will benefit from a 30% reduction on adult prices.

As a further boost to Albion supporters, the club are currently negotiating with Southern Trains, and expect to extend the existing subsidised travel zone.

Meanwhile the club has also confirmed catering prices will be frozen, ecash will be phased out ahead of next season in favour of new contactless technology, and the cashback scheme will be replaced by new matchday catering offers.

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/ST1516_pricing.pdf

I can't seem to find the statement that the season ticket prices will be reduced should the club get relegated. Surely it's there somewhere? After all we are no less likely to be relegated this season than we were to be promoted last season yet they were very clear about prices going up with promotion.

Has anyone found the small print discussing price cuts?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can't seem to find the statement that the season ticket prices will be reduced should the club get relegated. Surely it's there somewhere? After all we are no less likely to be relegated this season than we were to be promoted last season yet they were very clear about prices going up with promotion.

Has anyone found the small print discussing price cuts?

There's text about a review: "The 2015/16 season ticket prices below are for the league we are currently playing in.Should this change, our prices for 2015/16 would be reviewed accordingly and detailsannounced soon after the end of the current season.All prices include the subsidised travel levy."
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/st-2015-price-table229-2288493.pdf

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unbelievable. 15 pages from nothing other than a conversation with a ticket inspector talking bollocks about an email that it'd have made no sense for him to have received at this time. NSC really does excel sometimes.

Couldn't of put it better myself

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well played everyone. Excellent entertainment following this all day. An NSC classic. Catering prices frozen. I wonder how long before someone starts measuring the size of the glasses, pies and burgers........

So essentially, TB has chosen to plough yet more money into the club. I'm sure some will argue with that statement, but it does seem like another generous gesture to me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well played everyone. Excellent entertainment following this all day. An NSC classic. Catering prices frozen. I wonder how long before someone starts measuring the size of the glasses, pies and burgers........

So essentially, TB has chosen to plough yet more money into the club. I'm sure some will argue with that statement, but it does seem like another generous gesture to me.

Theres a lot of angst about

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would suggest extending it to Worthing, Eastbourne and Gatwick which would increase the possible catchment area taking in Crawley as possible newbies and the many that come from Worthing and Eastbourne

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't think I ever doubted what happened, but what I don't get is just why either your fat ex-goalie snippy mate, or one of his colleagues would make up such a pointless story, seriously, just why on earth would someone make something like that up?

Don't you GET it?
The fat ex-goalie snippy mate is in fact... Paul Barber, in disguise as a Southern Rail ticket barrier operator - spreading disinformation and falsehoods to ensure the REAL story carries maximum impact.

He's a master of the Dark Arts and if spending Saturday night at Burgess Hill station in an ill-fitting polyester uniform is what it takes - that's what he'll do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here