Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-210215-l229-2287070_478x359.jpg

Inigo Calderon
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 22nd February 2015
by Mollie Bennett
I want to say thank you to the fans because they are always understanding with me and the team and they deserve some happiness."
Inigo Calderon

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Inigo Calderon admitted it was a proud moment to score two goals on his 200th Albion appearance for the club.
The Spaniard – who joined the side in 2010 – struck a brace to earn the Seagulls a vital victory against Birmingham City.
He said, “It’s a moment to be proud of for me. It’s good to score two goals on my 200th appearance and hopefully I’ll score three on my 300th!
“It’s a good moment to do it and I’m very happy because we needed the win and the three points.
“I didn’t expect to score two goals, but we needed to win today and it doesn’t matter who scores.
“I want to say thank you to the fans because they are always understanding with me and the team and they deserve some happiness."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Spaniard explained how Albion need to take momentum from the win and make the Amex a more successful hunting ground, ahead of a second home game against Leeds United on Tuesday evening.
“Our home record isn’t good and we have to do better at the Amex and make it a fortress.
“We need to make the away teams struggle and make sure our home form is good and get three points all the time.
“We’ve been playing well away and getting good results and we did that at home today and now we have to keep doing it.
“It’s important when you have two home games in a row to try and get six points and now we need to go again on Tuesday.”
The defender then insisted there is still plenty of work to be done until Albion can feel safe from the threat of relegation.
“We are still in a bad position and we need to sort it out now because there are plenty of games left.
“It is still bad because as soon as you don’t win a game you are in trouble again, so it’s important to make sure we do everything right to win the next game.
“The sooner you get away from it, the better and we have to do everything possible to get out of this situation now.”[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here