Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Box Gang

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exactly! Far too much futile infighting on here. We all know the PBC are passionate about the Albion and the debate will rage and rage match on match but at the end of the day all of our blood runs blue and white.

Good, am I excused the boring lump of crap epitaph now ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm most aghast at the 1,000's that left with minutes to go when we were desperately trying to secure the win

It is each to their own but I really do struggle to understand this as well when games are so close.

Every game I leave bang on the whistle and have made the 17:16 train every time on a normal Saturday KO

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Probably get criticised but while they sing loudly in their little bit..... nothing they choose to sing EVER transfers to other parts of the crowd. They are too "wordy" songs, the simple old skool songs: sea sea seasiders, albbbbionn, Albion Albion albioooon, going down the shoreham etc etc. Those I join in with, the other shit they sing I don't. To me they sing like we're playing away, songs for the 'home' crowd should be more simple!!!!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm most aghast at the 1,000's that left with minutes to go when we were desperately trying to secure the win
Season ticket renewal numbers are going to be fascinating.

My guess is that they won't fall as much as people think. I honestly think there are just loads of STHs who are happy to miss a percentage of games. The same people, and others, will also always leave early when they do attend...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How about actually coming and speaking to us like an adult instead of sitting behind your computer and whinging like a child? We won't bite!
I am communicating clearly enough. What is it that needs further explanation?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Probably get criticised but while they sing loudly in their little bit..... nothing they choose to sing EVER transfers to other parts of the crowd. They are too "wordy" songs, the simple old skool songs: sea sea seasiders, albbbbionn, Albion Albion albioooon, going down the shoreham etc etc. Those I join in with, the other shit they sing I don't. To me they sing like we're playing away, songs for the 'home' crowd should be more simple!!!!!!

ALL of those songs you suggested are sung by us, I even started 2 of those, both times it go no further than the group under the Police Box...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Moan when the PB sing, moan when they don't, there are not many of them and if the others in the NS and WS and around the ground actually sung, then perhaps the glaring fact that the PB make a noise and enjoy themselves would not be noticed or continuously dissed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All time low today.

Albion go one nil up early on in important match. Cue lots of loud songs of celebration joined in by all parts as the mood allows... NOT.

What actually happens is the Police Box Club decide to launch into the one song that they know for a fact no-one else will join in, while the East side of the North and WSU each try a few Albion chants which can't ever get going properly because of the wannabe Berliners in between them...

Worst atmosphere ever for a 4-3 home win.

At one stage you could hear the players calling (I'm in WSU..!). Beram Kayal having to try and gee up the North Stand is a bit embarrassing.

I did notice that after we scored - odd. As for the atmo I think it was fairly flat for the last 10 mins as everyone was so nervous and had we let them equalise it would've been a catastrophe! Lots of nerves mean people find it hard to sing...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As quiet as we are, the ESU does respond occasionally to simple songs that start from the main body of the North and the WSU. There were a couple of occasions today.

The original poster is right though. It was noticeable today. A united North Stand and WSU does encourage a strong atmosphere. At times, the group under the Police Box didn't seem to be over willing to be part of that when it didn't originate from their area.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I did notice that after we scored - odd. As for the atmo I think it was fairly flat for the last 10 mins as everyone was so nervous and had we let them equalise it would've been a catastrophe! Lots of nerves mean people find it hard to sing...

Yep, i agree. The only win we have seen on a Saturday was back in August, the nerves has definitely stumped the atmosphere, unfair to pick on the PB though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm a huge fan of the group as they are the loudest part of the ground and try new songs etc but it is getting a bit tedious this 'rivalry' with the rest of the North. And I criticise the rest of the North just as much for this. Surely they are aware that they refuse to join in each others' songs?! It's very obvious from WSU. But fair play to the PBC they're very loud and consistent - unfortunately the rest of the North have been quieter since the new corners came in..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here