NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Poll to follow

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great news they have popped their bomber jackets on again. But what's your favourite long player? A lot of different styles to choose from. What is it?

As an aside I think I'm correct in saying that Parklife isn't their biggest selling album either.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think it has to be "The Best of Blur"

#Partridge

On a serious note, I'd say The Great Escape

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
13 and Think Tank
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The rest.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm going for 'Blur'. I didn't enjoy Parklife/Great Escape era Blur very much at all. The songs were hypocritical, for a start:

Parklife mocks joggers who go round and round and round.....and then he berates someone "cut down on your pork life, get some exercise". Make your mind up Damon.

Girls & Boys mocks the Ibiza/ Ayia Napa crowd for being brainless and derivative whilst on the same album cashing in on the very obvious Mod nostalgia and then having the Country House video from Great Escape feature page 3 models and suchlike playing up to their geezer image. I much preferred 'Blur', not so much '13' as his whining about Justine got a bit on my tits.

Parklife does have 'End of A Century' though and that is a stone cold classic whichever way you slice it up. I'm still going for 'Blur' although his latest solo album is my favourite work of his along with the second Gorillaz album.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
13 is the best.

No Distance Left to Run has to be one of the saddest songs ever recorded.

I had low expectations for Think Tank but at the time it sounded very original. Seemed a lot more dance/hip hop orientated,

It had a few low points, but The Great Escape was loads of fun.

That's my 1-2-3

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going for 'Blur'. I didn't enjoy Parklife/Great Escape era Blur very much at all. The songs were hypocritical, for a start:

Parklife mocks joggers who go round and round and round.....and then he berates someone "cut down on your pork life, get some exercise". Make your mind up Damon.

Girls & Boys mocks the Ibiza/ Ayia Napa crowd for being brainless and derivative whilst on the same album cashing in on the very obvious Mod nostalgia and then having the Country House video from Great Escape feature page 3 models and suchlike playing up to their geezer image. I much preferred 'Blur', not so much '13' as his whining about Justine got a bit on my tits.

Parklife does have 'End of A Century' though and that is a stone cold classic whichever way you slice it up. I'm still going for 'Blur' although his latest solo album is my favourite work of his along with the second Gorillaz album.

Maybe they're metaphors?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm still undecided.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Torn between Parklife and Blur. Voted Parklife purely because it's rare for me to prefer the album tracks as opposed to a lot of the singles, but I did with Parklife. That said I thought the singles from Blur were stronger.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saw them at Brighton Centre and they played all their hits in chronological order. Was one of my favourite concerts ever. Album wise I guess Modern Life and Think Tank the best. Don't think they have done a duff Album though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw them at Brighton Centre and they played all their hits in chronological order. Was one of my favourite concerts ever. Album wise I guess Modern Life and Think Tank the best. Don't think they have done a duff Album though.

I've seen a few times (plus seen Gorillaz, GTBTQ, solo and both his operas) but my favourite gig was Glastonbury 2009. This was the first time I'd seen them without an album to promote so it was a full retrospective without concentrating on any particular album or period. That evening I fully realised what a talented and special band they are. The event helped, and it was a true celebration of them. And none of the feeling was lost on the band; Albarn broke down in tears when the crowd wouldn't stop singing The Universal. He has subsequently said it was his career high-water mark.

Coincidentally our wedding photographer also photographed them at this gig; we have a fantastic photo of Albarn performing on our wall which she gave us when we told her about how much we enjoyed the gig.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was very pleasantly surprised by how fine 'under the westway' was

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm going to be one of the very few people to vote for the Great Escape; it's not probably not their best but, courtesy of a mate in the biz at the time, I had a tape of it about 2 months before it was officially released, so momentarily felt Very Cool Indeed (I wasn't and I'm not, of course).

I still think it's a mighty good album though: He Thought Of Cars and Best Days are fantastic, sweetly melancholic bits of pure Britpop, so evocative of that era. Country House is, of course, dreadful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here