Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you've just won BHAFC in a Poker game with Tony. What next?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
find a decent seat and enjoy

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
1) Sack Barber

2) Sack Kemy

3) Go back and check that Barber & Kemy had been sacked

4) Put 25% shares into a Supporters Trust so fans had proper representation on the Board

5) Invite Dick Knight back onto the Board

6) Ban the use of the word "customer"

7) Benchmark our food & drink prices against other clubs and charge competitive prices

8) Check again that Barber had been sacked

9) Ditch the crappy "One Club, One Ambition" slogan

10) Bring back Gully's Girls (or other suitable pre-match and HT entertainment)

11) Have concerts, boxing nights etc. Keep the stadium busy.

12) Have a Service Level Agreement with train & bus companies so that monies could be withheld if they deliver a crap service

13) Ask Gus "how much mate?"!!

14) And just before bedtime......check that Barber hadn't snuck back in.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not a lot as i don't have millions to lose keeping the club afloat / competitive - look for a new owner / give it back to Bloom? i guess

The only right answer. On the other hands if I've won it in a game of poker it implies I've put in something of equal value into the pot surely?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The only right answer. On the other hands if I've won it in a game of poker it implies I've put in something of equal value into the pot surely?
You would like to think so unless you have brilliant powers of persuasion and have convinced bloom the ball of string you have is magic.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So hypothetically you've just won the whole club from Tony in a poker game.
What would you next steps be on how you would run the club and pick it up,
Would you sack the board and bring in new faces? Change of football staff. I.E Coaches, Trainers and personel?

Well what would you do? Discuss :thumbsup:

Offer him "double or quits" because I'd need his millions to keep the club afloat.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
find a decent seat and enjoy

1) Sack Barber

2) Sack Kemy

3) Go back and check that Barber & Kemy had been sacked

4) Put 25% shares into a Supporters Trust so fans had proper representation on the Board

5) Invite Dick Knight back onto the Board

6) Ban the use of the word "customer"

7) Benchmark our food & drink prices against other clubs and charge competitive prices

8) Check again that Barber had been sacked

9) Ditch the crappy "One Club, One Ambition" slogan

10) Bring back Gully's Girls (or other suitable pre-match and HT entertainment)

11) Have concerts, boxing nights etc. Keep the stadium busy.

12) Have a Service Level Agreement with train & bus companies so that monies could be withheld if they deliver a crap service

13) Ask Gus "how much mate?"!!

14) And just before bedtime......check that Barber hadn't snuck back in.

Oh and all of this

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'd install a removeable ice rink at the Amex and have a B&H ice hockey team playing there every other week. Could be a big old money-spinner.

I would put a permanent ice arena under the car park entrance

Under Car Park.jpg

Albion in the community should be more than football, and ice skating is something that everyone could participate in, rather than just watching football. If they are going to build a hotel there it would give those who use it something to do. The area needs 365 days a year activity and an ice rink would increase the use of the Amex services outside match days. Not to mention bringing back the Brighton Tigers.

An arena could be of a good size for multi functional use. It could be boarded over for basketball, boxing, gymnastics, snooker and even world championship poker etc.

To not do something like this is missing a trick and it would mean that the area can cater for all. There is a massive demographic of people who have no interest in football and that is a customer base that the club is missing out on.

Murrayfield has an ice rink as part of its infrustructure and I think they use heat transfer to supply hot water and under soil heating.

That's what I would do :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would put a permanent ice arena under the car park entrance

View attachment 63148

Albion in the community should be more than football, and ice skating is something that everyone could participate in, rather than just watching football. If they are going to build a hotel there it would give those who use it something to do. The area needs 365 days a year activity and an ice rink would increase the use of the Amex services outside match days. Not to mention bringing back the Brighton Tigers.

An arena could be of a good size for multi functional use. It could be boarded over for basketball, boxing, gymnastics, snooker and even world championship poker etc.

To not do something like this is missing a trick and it would mean that the area can cater for all. There is a massive demographic of people who have no interest in football and that is a customer base that the club is missing out on.

Murrayfield has an ice rink as part of its infrustructure and I think they use heat transfer to supply hot water and under soil heating.

That's what I would do :shrug:

I'm liking your thinking. The CEO job's yours. When can you start?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm liking your thinking. The CEO job's yours. When can you start?

I gave this to Barber in an email last year and asked him to give it to TB. He said that he would pass it on to Martin Perry, but I never heard anything back.

Shame really, and I was really disappointed that I wasn't responded to with even a thanks, but no thanks. So much for the good "community" feeling :shrug:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'd close the BUPA lounge and convert it into my own luxury apartment - make Dick's Bar my own personal 'party pad' where only me and my specially invited mates can gather pre-match whilst watching (through specially installed one-way mirror glass) the plebian North Standers handing over their money in the shop underneath.

Finally I would abolish GOSBTS and replace it with a new Club Anthem where the righteousness of our Glorious Leader is celebrated, and I'd expect players WAG's to personally satisfy me during the more boring parts of each game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here