Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts that will blow your mind

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I do apologise if the facts dont fit with your view of the world. Im glad I didnt mention the world was flat back when the world viewthought it was round.
you would of burned me at the steak.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant that the other way round. Or we are dealing with quite the revisionist!

Nobody ever thought the world was flat, even if they did, they could be forgiven as that was the most likely explanation available to them at the time.

Whereas your "facts" about the pyramids have been demonstratively proven wrong, they are provably inaccurate.

It's not a world view, it's just Occums razor.

Just because some lollygaggers like to believe in dreams and fantasy to make their world more palatable doesn't make it so. Sticking feathers up your dogs arse does not make it a chicken.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
After we played at Highbury in 83, there was not a bigger crowd in the 20+ years afterwards before they shut the place (nb this is not a fact just a stat that i think MAY be a fact on gates I observed afterwards. Confirmation would be good! Anyone!?)

Well they are pretty Enormous.

The average distance from the Earth to the Moon is 384,400 km.

Planet Average Diameter (km)

Mercury 4,879

Venus 12,104

Mars 6,771

Jupiter 139,822

Saturn 116,464

Uranus 50,724

Neptune 49,244

Total

That leaves Around with 4,392 km to spare if you include Pluto there would only be around 2000 Km to spare.
Add nibiru to thar list then quite possibly , you could perfectly fit the solor system between the earth and the moon.

Here's another little one.
Our moon is in the perfect position to givr us a full solor eclipse no other planet we know about has this

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you blocked off the western Mediterranean Sea from the Atlantic (e.g. via a 15 mile wide dam), it would take around 200 years for the sea to dry up completely. Three times more water is evaporated from the Med than the water replacing it from all the rivers that flow into it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Africa is so large that it can contain the entirety of the USA, all of China, India, as well as Japan and pretty much all of Europe combined. Paris is actually nearer to the Ebola outbreak than Tanzania.

africasize.jpg

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
All of the Planets in our Solar system would fit side by side between the earth and the moon with a few thousand kilometers to spare.

Surely there wouldn't be any room to spare though because once you put Jupiter in there, the Earth would be sucked into its' gravitational pull?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A man will ejaculate approx 36 pints of spaff in a lifetime.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
At the time of posting [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] has made 6549 posts on NSC. All of these are variations of one single joke - I am far from the first to observe this - which is to take something utterly banal and present it in a manner where he suggests that it is somehow amazing and wonderful, yet to be entirely and deliberately unconvincing in the way he does it, in the manner of a third rate presenter on a second rate TV or radio channel whose job is to attempt to enthuse the audience about whatever is to be broadcast, but continually destroys their credibility by ludicrously hyped up claims.

This may or may not make [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] the person who has told the same basic joke the most times in the history of humanity. I have no way of checking that, but he's given it a damn good go. What's more remarkable to me, is that I can somehow still find this joke amusing when he manages to put a sufficiently new spin on it and especially when some take him at face value.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Gravity on the International Space Station is almost as strong is at is on the surface of Earth, the illusion of zero gravity comes from the fact it is constantly falling towards Earth.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Last week Chris Smalling was the first player in PL history to come on as a sub and score 2 goals in the first half.

Anyone else got any amazing facts?

???

Incredible that you think this an amazing fact that blows your mind....Do all simple things amaze you?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Both of these are real sentences;

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here