Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts that will blow your mind

Duffy Debut

Banned
Feb 14, 2015
Some 35 years ago I was living in the country and a thief broke into my house. I bashed him on the bonce with a 5 iron. Unfortunately he died. I figured that nobody would think he was in my house and I did not know him from Adam, so I dumped the body in a vat of cider I was brewing. Delicious!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Facts about the great pyramids.
the pyramid is aligned true north, its the only structure in existence that does this. The north pole howether moves over time so is now only 3/60th of a degree out.
it is also placed at the dead center of earths land mass.
The weight of the pyramid is estimated at 5,955,000 tons, multiplied by 10^8 gives us the estimate of the earths mass.
the suns radius is twice the perimeter of the bottom of the granite coffer times 10^8 is the suns mean radius270.45378502 pyramid inches, 10^8 = 427,316 miles.
the curvature designed into the faces of the pyramid exactly matches the radius of the earth.

which is all I can be botherd to say now. But in my opinion is that aliens built the pyramids.
Expecially when you add.

The interior of the pyramids temperature is always the same, 20 degrees celsius. The same as the worls average temperature. And the fact that the cornerstone foundations have ball and socket construction so can deal with earthquakes and heat expansions.

the list goes on.
ow and the fact that the sphinx has water erosion which means that is must of been built at least 10,000 years ago.
other evedence for this is that the 3 pyramids were built to alighn with the constilation of arion. Which it would only do 10,000 years ago.

there is so much more .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Facts about the great pyramids.
the pyramid is aligned true north, its the only structure in existence that does this. The north pole howether moves over time so is now only 3/60th of a degree out.

im pretty sure that cant be true, the pole moves more than that amount of the decades that it took to construct the pyramids. im sure the experts use how far from north it is aligned to estimate when it was built, judging true (celestial) north is pretty easy.

The interior of the pyramids temperature is always the same, 20 degrees celsius. The same as the worls average temperature.

hmmm, average temperature of the world is shy of 14deg. i summise the rest of the facts are probably light in factiness.

heres a fact that really is mindblowing, gives some perspective, and that one can actually check: 1 million seconds are about 11.5 days, 1 billion seconds is approx 32 years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The fact it would not happen in Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ice T's real name is Tracey Marrow. Not gangster, in fact a bit silly.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Some 35 years ago I was living in the country and a thief broke into my house. I bashed him on the bonce with a 5 iron. Unfortunately he died. I figured that nobody would think he was in my house and I did not know him from Adam, so I dumped the body in a vat of cider I was brewing. Delicious!

Try hitting him again with a rescue wood.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
im pretty sure that cant be true, the pole moves more than that amount of the decades that it took to construct the pyramids. im sure the experts use how far from north it is aligned to estimate when it was built, judging true (celestial) north is pretty easy.

hmmm, average temperature of the world is shy of 14deg. i summise the rest of the facts are probably light in factiness.

heres a fact that really is mindblowing, gives some perspective, and that one can actually check: 1 million seconds are about 11.5 days, 1 billion seconds is approx 32

did you know.

the kola superdeep bore hole is the deepest whole created by man.
They wanted to go further but they couldn't get past 2.7 kilometer.
Now for the interesting bit....

we humans cant breath from 2.7 kilometres aboth earth.
so therfore we cant go higher than 2.7 kilometres and we cant go lower than 2.7 kilometers.
Its like its not ment to be.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion have never spent more than four consecutive seasons in the Second Division........

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
did you know.

so therfore we cant go higher than 2.7 kilometres and we cant go lower than 2.7 kilometers.

i did not know that. you should update the wiki page which tells me the kola superdeep borehole is 12,262m (>12km) deep. though it makes no mention of any man trying to decend down the drill hole. and tell the miners working the Mponeng gold mine in South Africa, one of many there that go to >3km deep. you should also tell those mountaineers that ascend the 4.2km of Mont Blanc, and the dozen or so peaks over 2.7km in Europe. at least i know of the Kola borehole now, so we learnt something today.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
did you know.

Sad to burst your factiness bubble, again, but 2.7 km is approx. 8,858 feet. While living in Colorado, I skiied and hiked a lot higher than that and appeared to have survived quite handily. It is quite possible to breathe without the assistance of oxygen at altitdues more than double 2.7km.

However do keep going, this is most entertaining, if not exactly mind blowing. :facepalm:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Sad to burst your factiness bubble, again, but 2.7 km is approx. 8,858 feet. While living in Colorado, I skiied and hiked a lot higher than that and appeared to have survived quite handily. It is quite possible to breathe without the assistance of oxygen at altitdues more than double 2.7km.

However do keep going, this is most entertaining, if not exactly mind blowing. :facepalm:
It does appear thag ive got the wrong hole.
But I defo read about a hole that we couldn't deep deeper and went so far and couldn't get any further. And that the difference was the same as how high up wr could breath. Obviously my heght and depth is also wrong.

but I will find out the actual fact as it is very interesting.
I think its 12 miles up and 12 miles down , but il let you know when I find out .

Here's a few more for you.
a centipede doesnt have a 100 legs, they allways have an ODD number of legs.
The world record for constipation is 102 days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here