Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts that will blow your mind

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Pendant alert - I believe they were the oldest outfield pair, I think it is Van Der Sar who set up somebody else who are the oldest pair

Edwin Van Der Sar is the oldest player credited with an assist (40 yrs 95 days), according to the PL website he only has the one assist.

It was Feb 1st 2011 against Aston Villa and Wayne Rooney scored. Rooney would have been 25 yrs 100 days when the goal was scored leaving the pair a few combined years younger than Bruno and Murray.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It takes 7600 litres of water (which can't be reused) to make ONE pair of jeans.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Edwin Van Der Sar is the oldest player credited with an assist (40 yrs 95 days), according to the PL website he only has the one assist.

It was Feb 1st 2011 against Aston Villa and Wayne Rooney scored. Rooney would have been 25 yrs 100 days when the goal was scored leaving the pair a few combined years younger than Bruno and Murray.

:thumbsup: ah that was it, he stopped Bruno becoming the oldest player with an assist

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Guessing that it's similar to the habit that some Dutch companies have of paying staff a '13th month'. Basically they hold back part of your salary as 'holiday pay' and give it to you in a lump sum because they don't trust you to save up for your own holidays...

Think it’s a similar concept. They just pay you 14 times a year, so you get double pay effectively in July and December. Just means they get less throughout the rest of the year, but it must feel like getting a bonus. My old job was paid every 4 weeks so getting paid twice in one month always felt pretty good!

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Think it’s a similar concept. They just pay you 14 times a year, so you get double pay effectively in July and December. Just means they get less throughout the rest of the year, but it must feel like getting a bonus. My old job was paid every 4 weeks so getting paid twice in one month always felt pretty good!

I get that with my Spanish Pension as well:O

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I get paid every 2 weeks, so 26 times a year. I love the two 'bonus' months where I get paid three times. January is the next one :thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I get paid every 2 weeks, so 26 times a year. I love the two 'bonus' months where I get paid three times. January is the next one :thumbsup:

Something for me to look forward to. Just need to get a job first..!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Film franchises of declining quality.

The 4th, 5th and 6th 'Haloween' films are The Return, The Revenge and The Curse of Michael Myers.

The 3rd, 5th and 7th Pink Panther films are The Return, The Revenge and The Curse of The Pink Panther.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are thought to be more stars in the universe than grains of sand on planet earth

and more atoms in a single grain of sand than stars in the sky

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why cant it be re-used ? Surly after being cleaned and processed like most other waist water its good to go ?

All water is reused isn't it. It will end up back in the water cycle somewhere.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
There is a finite number of ways that matter can be arranged, so if the universe is infinite then there is another you out there somewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The most experienced sailor on Captain Cook's maiden voyage was a goat.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
You can only fold one piece of paper in half seven times, no matter how big it is to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The combined weight of all the ANTS on the planet exceeds the combined weight of all the humans on the planet apparently..

Are you sure? They are pretty small.

Hero_Portrait_An_McPartlin_car_accident_rehab_Rex@2x.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here