Facts that will blow your mind

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The actor who plays the valet parking attendant in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" was Sonic Youth's first drummer.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aren't alligators or crocodiles (or maybe both) dinosaurs which never died out?
"Technically, dinosaurs can be distinguished from the other animals descended from archosaurs (pterosaurs and crocodiles) by a handful of anatomical quirks. Chief among these is posture: dinosaurs had either an upright, bipedal gait (like that of modern birds), or if they were quadrupeds, a stiff, straight-legged style of walking on all fours (unlike modern lizards, turtles, and crocodiles, whose limbs splay beneath them when they walk)."

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Crystal Palace had a five year (and half a billion pound) head start on Brighton, yet still lost 3-1 against 10 men.

Mind blowing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why would you include the Earth twice, its quite clear as to what is meant. you are just being a smart arse. crack on.

I really don't think it's clear - I read it as the Earth and the Moon were just point A and point B and that you could fit "every planet" in between those two points. But I wondered if he was excluding the Earth from his definition of "every planet" - which is why I asked him. :shrug:

Smart arse? Not intentionally, but if you see it that way, then maybe so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course he is, hence the word 'between'. You couldn't put the Earth between the Earth and anything, could you?
Well you couldn't actually put any other planets in between the earth and the moon, as they're really awkward to handle. It's a hypothetical question, so if you're being hypothetical then sure you can include the earth.

You can fit every other planet in our solar system in the gap between the earth and the moon.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Tony Blackburn was a teenager when the Egyptian Pyramids were being built...

.... as was Noel Edmonds, who looked no different than he does today.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
What the.....

Why ?

Guessing that it's similar to the habit that some Dutch companies have of paying staff a '13th month'. Basically they hold back part of your salary as 'holiday pay' and give it to you in a lump sum because they don't trust you to save up for your own holidays...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
water goes down the plug hole clockwise if you live at the top of the world and anti-clockwise if you live at the bottom ... (or something like that)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here