Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee rumours...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well we'll need a new left back in the summer, as well as a younger rightback, so I guess a 2nd leftback is a bit further down the priority list.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Rubbish. He was getting better and better as he got fitter and at home to Leicester against the eventual champions he was by far the best player on the pitch. Would really like him back.

That's the performance that people remember, but there were how many that people have conveniently forgotten. He's a solid Championship player, so he'd do as a short term fix but is that really what we want? I would rather we go with what we have, and get the players who are here to get their heads down and sort this season out. It will only take two or three wins in a short period of time to climb away from trouble, we just need to take the chances which come along and pull away.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would sooner take a chance on a short term signing of Chris Eagles than Conway on loan and then look for another loan signing if needed.

So would I. Eagles would be playing for a contract, for one thing, which is much better motivation and we've already had too many loans this season. It nearly cost us in 2008/09 when we had so many mercenaries I almost guarantee most on here couldn't name the 5 debutants at Leyton Orient that day. I'm not certain that I can name them, come to think of it!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For balance, I sincerely hope it is not. Rubbish player, staggeringly well thought of for no reason. We need someone more consistent than him.

Couldn't agree more. Highly overrated after having 1 reasonable game and 1 outstanding, the rest of the time he was woeful, with no left foot, I still chuckle at his air shot at Yeovil.

Possibly better than what we have, but that is not saying much and certainly not the long term answer.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Conway makes good sense to me. Knows the club, good steady professional, not injury prone, puts a shift in, not shot shy crosses a decent ball fast and early. I remember that dire Yeovil game and what little we did that was dangerous seemed to come through him. Unfortunately I can't see why he or Blackburn would want it to happen. Still don't quite understand how and why we didn't keep him (like Ward).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Conway makes good sense to me. Knows the club, good steady professional, not injury prone, puts a shift in, not shot shy crosses a decent ball fast and early. I remember that dire Yeovil game and what little we did that was dangerous seemed to come through him. Unfortunately I can't see why he or Blackburn would want it to happen. Still don't quite understand how and why we didn't keep him (like Ward).

Agreed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It was because Blackburn came in with their parachute payments / non care about FFP (which I believe they failed) and offered silly wages. That's a fact. I don't blame the club for not matching it.

By the way where the hell has Conway's name come from? Isn't he starting regularly for Blackburn (still on his big wage too)?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It was because Blackburn came in with their parachute payments / non care about FFP (which I believe they failed) and offered silly wages. That's a fact. I don't blame the club for not matching it.

By the way where the hell has Conway's name come from? Isn't he starting regularly for Blackburn (still on his big wage too)?

Yeah but thought we had a chance to tie Conway down like with Ward that we let slip? Someone mentioned an ex player we 'let go' coming back and wishful thinking has led to Conway. Not going to happen unless Blackburn v badly need to free up wages to suffle their own deck.

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Its Mark supermarket trolley . And he would fit in well with all the other shit we have brought in this season

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Does anyone actually believe any loan players will be brought in? The manager is quoted in today's paper as saying Leon Best will end the team's goal drought. Really? He's shown no sign of doing so. It seems the complacency (one Club One Ambition/Premier League Ready) which has been evident throughout the club has soon spread to Chris Hughton. I hope he's right.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does anyone actually believe any loan players will be brought in? The manager is quoted in today's paper as saying Leon Best will end the team's goal drought. Really? He's shown no sign of doing so. It seems the complacency (one Club One Ambition/Premier League Ready) which has been evident throughout the club has soon spread to Chris Hughton. I hope he's right.
Yes.

1 this week.

I hope a 2nd will arrive before long as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here