Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon wants six of the best at least as he bids to get on goals trail [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Leon Best has set himself a minimum target of six goals for Albion by the end of the season as he strives to recapture his Premier League touch.
The former Newcastle striker scored five goals in 16 appearances on loan to today's opponents Sheffield Wednesday at the end of last season.
Best, borrowed from Blackburn for the rest of the campaign, is determined to better that for the Seagulls in the 16 games they have left to fire them to safety following his full debut in Tuesday's 0-0 draw at Cardiff.
Best, 28, told The Argus: "I want a lot more goals than that. I'll be hoping as soon as I score my first that I score a lot more.
"I look after myself massively now and do everything I can to be in a good, physical state to play but the only thing is I have not been playing in the last couple of months.
"It has been really frustrating to look back. Sometimes I'll be watching TV and see some of my Premier League goals and think 'Why have I not been playing as much?'
"That is the frustrating thing and the hard thing to get over as a player. It's just goals and playing and that's why I'm so grateful that I am here now playing and getting minutes."
Boss Chris Hughton has to choose today between Best and fellow former Sheffield Wednesday centre-forward Chris O'Grady, who replaced him in the second half at Cardiff.
Hughton said: "There were periods where he (Best) certainly worked hard enough and I thought it also showed he hasn't played so much. He will certainly be better for that."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here