Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton praises Albion for blunting threat of Cardiff striker Jones [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION boss Chris Hughton has praised his side for blunting the threat of Kenwyne Jones in gaining a hard-earned point at Cardiff.
They kept 13-goal Jones quiet in last night's 0-0 draw in Wales, which left the Seagulls closer to the Championship relegation zone but Hughton satisfied with his team's response to Saturday's 3-2 home defeat by Nottingham Forest.
He told The Argus: "It was a hard-earned and hard-fought draw. It's a difficult place to come. They've got a good side and you know what you are going to be up against. They are certainly more direct than us.
"You have to be able to cope with it and in Jones they've got somebody who probably does it better than anyone in the division.
"I felt we could have capitalised on the possession we had, particularly when we broke from midfield. I'm a little bit disappointed we didn't have more goalscoring opportunities but we deserved nothing less than a draw."
Hughton was happy with the full debut of his new signing Beram Kayal from Celtic. The Israeli midfielder played for 70 minutes before making way for Kazenga LuaLua.
Hughton said: "Beram came on as a sub at the weekend and has now had his first start. I thought he was good in the period of time he was on. He showed really good energy.
"I think we were the more expansive side but it was important that we showed more resilience and a clean sheet is important for us."
Albion, who face another away test at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, are above the drop zone on goal difference following Millwall's win at Birmingham.
They are three points adrift of Charlton, the nearest team above them, after Leeds pulled away with victory at Reading.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here