Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton satisfied with Cardiff draw but wins vital as Albion hover above relegation zone

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton was satisfied with a point but insists Albion need to turn draws into wins.
The Seagulls are only above the relegation zone on goal difference after a 0-0 stalemate at Cardiff.
It was a good response from Saturday’s disappointing home defeat to Nottingham Forest but Albion’s position is still concerning.
Hughton said: “That is what you would call a well, hard-earned point. It is a difficult place to come. They are very direct in the way they play.
“On the balance of play we had better possession, we just need to make more of it once we get in that final third.
“It was a game I couldn’t see us losing but they were always a threat.
“We were better on the balance of play. It is just converting that to what we regard as really, good goalscoring opportunities and we didn’t have too many of them but we always threatened.
“I made the substitutions because I felt with the space we had we were only one clever pass or a real, good quality cross from getting the goal we needed.
“We gave away poor goals at the weekend and we hold our hands up to that. To get a clean sheet against a side like Cardiff on their home turf is certainly a good draw for us. But we have to look forward now. We have another tough away day on Saturday and it is about picking up more points.
“We have to turn draws into wins and making sure we don’t get too many more defeats.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here