Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-l229-2261950_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
23:33 10th February 2015
by Paul Camillin
We had to defend, and my only criticism is we need to convert the good possession we have into really good opportunities."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton felt his side ground out a "hard-earned" point at Cardiff City tonight, after his side snuffed out the Bluebirds.
Hughton said, "It's a difficult place to come, they're very direct in the way they play - they play off big [Kenwyne] Jones upfront, and there aren't many certainly in this division that do it better than him.
"They were a very direct side and put a lot of balls into the box, caused a lot of long throws with Gunnarsson, whose throws are almost like corners.
"We had to defend, and my only criticism is we need to convert the good possession we have into really good opportunities.
"I thought on the balance of play we had better possession, we just needed to make more once we got into the final third.
"We didn't have too many goalscoring opportunities but we always threatened. I felt with the space that we had we were only one clever pass or one really good quality cross away from getting the goal we needed."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton was pleased with the reaction from his players after the 3-2 defeat to Nottingham Forest - and the clean sheet - but says they now need to begin turning one point into three.
"I thought our play from midfield was the better of the two teams but it was important we showed more resilience and a clean sheet is important for us.
"We gave away poor goals at the weekend and hold our hands up to that one; so to get a clean sheet against Cardiff on their home turf was a good draw.
"Now we've got to look forward and we've got another tough away day on Saturday; it's about picking up more points and turning those draws into wins and make sure we don't get too many more defeats."[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here